Adjunct Faculty - Course Development - Telehealth
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Category: Faculty-Health-Other Health Faculty
- Posting Date: 02/24/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
The School of Professional Studies is seeking adjunct instructors to develop a noncredit online course in Telehealth for clinical providers. Instructors will provide subject matter expertise and real-world examples as part of the course development process and will partner with a senior course designer who has a PhD in instructional technology and who is responsible for the back-end development.
- Work with assigned course designer to develop courses into self-paced, online courses available for certificates, CE/CME.
- Develop courses with a module approach, creating a more detailed breakdown of lessons.
- Provide guidance on the content that needs to be covered in each lesson.
- Work with course designer to develop content (videos, discussion boards, quizzes, exams) as needed.
- Record videos in studio on Boston or Worcester campus, or remotely following guidance
- Determine the key learning concepts that need to be assessed. Work with faculty lead and course designer to develop effective assessments that can scale to accommodate large numbers of students. Recommend approaches for assessments that ensure academic integrity and enable the course to scale in terms of enrollment,
- Evaluate publisher content for potential use, if available.
- Support incorporation of diversity, equity and inclusion into the curriculum
- Ensure the course meets the high quality standards of other MCPHS online and on-campus courses.
- Identify tactics to improve the course based on feedback from its first run
Courses will be delivered year-round and additional opportunities exist to teach the course once it is developed.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in subject area or related field preferred.
- Previous experience teaching and/or developing online or CE/CME courses
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A commitment to student success and the ability to engage and motivate students in an online format
- Comfort with ambiguity and effective problem-solving related to launching a new initiative
- Experience teaching subject matter for students entering health professions
- Experience with a learning management system, such as Blackboard
- Experience with video-conferencing platforms, such as Zoom
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae or resume. No phone calls, please. Principals only. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. MCPHS University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who would enrich the University’s diversity are encouraged to apply.
Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more about working at MCPHS University, please click here.
MCPHS University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.