Postdoctoral Fellow, NEIDL (2547)
- Boston University
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 03/03/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
The National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories (NEIDL) at Boston University, Boston, MA has a position for a highly motivated individual as a postdoctoral fellow in the area of viral pathogenesis and infection – there will be a focus on coronaviruses (SARS-CoV-2) and filoviruses e.g. Ebola virus and Marburg virus. Responsibilities include designing and conducting research projects that will lead to the development of vaccines and therapeutics. Following applicable checks and training this position will require work in the Biosafety Level 3 and/or 4 laboratories at the NEIDL. Responsibilities will also include training of Ph.D. students, writing scientific papers, and presenting at scientific meetings.
Experience in molecular biology and virology, and excellent writing skills are required. Experience working in a BSL-4 laboratory is desired but not essential.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Ph.D. required or equivalent in microbiology, virology, molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or similar
- Desire to work in high (BSL-3) and maximum (BSL-4) containment laboratories is essential; experience working in these laboratories is not essential
- Design and implement research protocols; adapt new procedures and methods to research procedures
- Collect, prepare and analyze research data; keep a detailed notebook summarizing experiments and recording research data
- Tabulate and display data for presentation in research conferences and for manuscript preparation; use graphics and statistical software to analyze and present data
- Search pertinent scientific literature as needed
- Assist with general maintenance of laboratory
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.