Postdoctoral Fellow, FSAP
- University of California, San Francisco
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions
- Posting Date: 03/07/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
HR Faculty & Staff Assistance Program
The FSAP Postdoctoral Fellow will provide psychological assessment, counseling, and referral services to employees with personal or work-related problems. Provide training, psychoeducation, and consultation to various constituents of the organization and its leadership.
Please note: This is a 100% contract position ending on 06/30/2021.
UCSF Human Resources (HR) is committed to leading HR initiatives and partnering with the UCSF community to attract, develop, and retain the diverse talent necessary to be the world's preeminent health sciences innovator. We provide services campus wide from academic, research, administrative, and clinical units. Human Resources provides the full scope of services for UCSF employees and managers/supervisors, from strategic consultation to operational support. We strive for excellence through continuous improvement in partnership with our clients.
The Faculty & Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) provides a wide range of clinical and consultative services to both individual employees and to the University organization and its management.
• Doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology
• Acquiring knowledge associated with clinical counseling principles, methods, procedures, and standards. Comprehensive range of clinical intervention skills — especially in the area of brief treatment modalities
• Acquiring knowledge of diagnostic and therapeutic approaches. Capacity to recognize, diagnose, and develop treatment plans for the full range of adult disorders and psychopathological conditions
• Professional-level writing, training, and presentation skills and experience
• Strong foundation in organizational psychology and significant experience in assessing and executing interventions for organizational units experiencing dysfunction
• Mediation/conflict-resolution skills
• Experience working as a clinician in an Emergency Action Plan (EAP) setting (especially academic and/or medical)
• Clinical training & experience in substance abuse treatment
• Clinical training & experience in threat assessment and management
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
004146 BEH HEALTH COUNSELOR 1
Appointment End Date
Laurel Heights (SF)
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm