132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 1 New Jobs Today.
Title: Research Associate
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Hiring up to $62,186
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 12811
The Research Associate will be responsible for independently performing complex, advanced research under the general direction of the Principal Investigator. Should have expertise in animal models, with preference for a focus on infectious disease animal models. Additional expertise in immunology, pathology and development of novel therapeutics is highly desired.
- Plans, directs and conducts research experiments.
- Develops research techniques and performs applications required for specific research projects.
- May conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- May supervise, schedule and coordinate the activities of less experienced research staff.
- Animal manipulations, including administration of test articles, in vivo sample collection, in vivo imaging, euthanasia and post mortem sample collection.
- In vitro and ex vivo processing of tissue samples
- Executing in vitro assays to evaluate immune data, histopathology data, gene expression, protein analysis.
- Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Three years of relevant experience in animal models of disease, typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician, Graduate student or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate
- Proficiency in animal handling, administration of test articles, an in vivo and post mortem sample collection
- Must have a particular interest, knowledge and expertise in using animal models of infectious disease to define underlying disease mechanisms and using that knowledge to identify novel therapeutic targets
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities