132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Title: Research Associate
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Hiring up to $65,000
FLSA Status: Exempt
Requisition ID: 12880
The overall goal of our research program is to delineate novel pathways that link hepatic metabolism and disease. Specifically, Wilson’s disease patients and animal models (such as Atp7b-/- mice) develop severe liver dysfunction and spontaneous hepatic nodule formation. We have several ongoing projects for this area: copper-mediated changes in nuclear receptor function, metabolism, liver regeneration/nodule formation, and autophagy.
- Independently maintain mouse colonies for experimentation.
- Perform research experiments, such as, chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) and ChIP-Seq assays, RNA-Seq assays, Western blotting, and tissue culture.
- Document results and prepare them for presentation.
- Evaluate, analyze, and submit data to the PI.
- Prepare figures for publications, conferences, and grants.
- Help train junior staff and graduate students.
- Conduct literature searches and summarize information for the PI.
- Maintain lab equipment and inventory lists.
- Prepare buffers and reagents for laboratory operations.
- Genotyping and mouse colony management, Western blotting, PCR, real-time PCR, ChIP assays, CRISPR/Cas9 techniques.
- Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Master’s of Science Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular and Cellular Biology, or related fields.
- Must have positive attitude and eagerness to learn new laboratory techniques.
- Should have excellent communication skills and work well with others.
- Knowledge of software programs including R and/or python are preferred but not required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities