Title:† Postdoctoral Associate
Schedule:† Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location:† Houston, TX
Salary Range:† Up to $54,840
FLSA Status:† Exempt
Requisition ID:† 12884
A postdoctoral associate position is available in Dr. Yi Zhuís lab at the Childrenís Nutrition Research Center. The lab focuses on the gap-junction-dependent and -independent functions of Connexin43 in the adipose tissue, liver, and brain and how they crosstalk with each other. The candidate is expected to use molecular biology, cell biology, and animal models to study the Connexin43 in metabolism and physiology.†
- Carries out cell culture and routine molecular biology procedures such as DNA, RNA, and protein isolation, qPCR, western blotting, ELISA, and immunofluorescence staining.
- Carries out animal studies and collects, compiles, analyzes data, documents, and interprets the results of experiments and report to the principal investigator.
- Conducts literature searches and develop assay protocols.
- Composes and publishes manuscripts and present scientific discoveries at internal or national meetings.
- Applies for extramural postdoctoral fellow funding.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Motivated to pursue a career in science, team-oriented, proactive, dedicated, and honest.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN†
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*