132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Full Job Description
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The Cancer Epidemiology Research Program in the Public Health Sciences Division is seeking a highly motivated individual to support multiple, complex cancer research studies involving health and behavioral interventions. The Cancer Epidemiology Program is part of the Fred Hutch’s Division of Public Health Sciences, home of an extensive portfolio of population science research, large specimen and data repositories, a SEER cancer registry, a prevention center designed for intervention research and a multidisciplinary faculty. The Fred Hutch, together with the University of Washington, Seattle Children’s, and the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, is an NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center with training programs for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
The Assistant will perform some or all of the job duties listed below:
- Provide office support to multiple epidemiologic cancer research studies.
- Help generate participant materials and copy and collate these as needed.
- Assemble packets and mail to participants.
- Enter data into study databases, including questionnaire data, study forms, and specimens.
- Track participant information in REDCap.
- Scan medical records and other study documents.
- Assist with specimens in the CERC freezers: prepare, log and file specimens, locate and pull specimens, assist with shipment prep and specimen mapping and inventories.
- Carry out special projects and perform related duties as assigned.
- High level of attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to organize and track a multitude of tasks.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook desired.
- Must be able to stoop and bend to retrieve records from files and specimens from freezers.
- Experience working in an academic or scientific research environment preferred.
As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination or initiate the accommodations process before their first day of employment.
Our Commitment to Diversity: We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*