School Design Strategist
School Design Strategist
Full Job Description
Deadline: September 26, 2022
District/Organization: Michigan Virtual
Position/Type: Other, full time
Salary: $80,000 – $90,000 annually
Our Company – Lead, Collaborate, Build
Michigan Virtual is a Lansing-based nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation with a national reputation for excellence in online and blended learning with Michigan’s K-12 education community. Our most valuable asset is our employees and we have received several top industry and workplace awards. Ninety-two percent (92%) of our full-time team members reported being highly satisfied on our latest annual employee engagement survey. Founded in 1998, Michigan Virtual annually provides more than 30,000 online course enrollments for students and delivers more than 100,000 hours of online professional development programming for Michigan school personnel. We also operate the Michigan Virtual Learning Research Institute (MVLRI) to examine and promote best practices in digital learning.
Our mission is to Advance both learning and teaching through research, practice, and partnerships . This mission statement reinforces our vision to grow meaningful relationships with policy leaders, school administrators, and teachers to ensure that every person can use digital learning to reach their full potential. We employ over 400 full- and part-time teachers, professionals, and support staff who like to have fun at work and are committed to making a difference in the world.
Our Values: 1) Put Learners First, 2) Act with Integrity, 3) Embrace Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, 4) Pursue Excellence, 5) Create Awesome Experiences, and 6) Incite Curiosity
Michigan Virtual offers a competitive benefits package including a retirement plan, health benefits with an employer-funded Health Savings Account and a very generous allotment of leave time beginning upon hire. We also offer remote work and flexible work arrangements.
Commitment to Diversity
We celebrate different voices, faces, ideas, and backgrounds and believe human diversity, the seen and unseen, drives innovation and creativity. We are building a culture where everyone feels included, respected, and valued and is comfortable being their full, authentic self.
- Leads the execution of consulting engagements within Michigan Virtual’s consulting business unit, ensuring a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Develops and maintains relationships with K-12 schools and districts to co-create customized learning models in the form of both funded and in-kind consulting opportunities.
- Coordinates the work of other team members and independent contractors on consulting projects.
- Assists with establishing Michigan Virtual’s statewide reputation as a thought leader around innovative school design with regard to the future of learning, in part, through activities such as consulting engagements, conference presentations, and participating in meetings with other experts or stakeholders.
- Represents Michigan Virtual at external meetings, conferences, and workshops and serves as a presenter and spokesperson on the design and implementation of innovative, system-wide learning models.
- Assists with the development of client consulting contracts and related contract negotiations.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of the consulting business unit budget.
- Communicates and applies research findings to the co-creation of student-centered learning environments in schools.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to work with school leaders to develop system-wide visions of innovative learning models and related execution roadmaps to realize their visions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in educational leadership (Master’s, Ph.D., Ed.D.) or equivalent.
- 5 or more years of expansive experience in K-12 schools as a district- or building-level administrator.
- Demonstrated experience leading diverse groups of K-12 school leaders on special projects or task forces.
- Extensive network in the field of K-12 digital learning within the state of Michigan.
- Examples of collaborating on complex, system-wide projects with K-12 schools.
- Experience and familiarity with state and national online, blended, and competency-based learning education policy.
- 5 or more years of experience as a consultant working closely with K-12 schools around educational technology, online and blended learning, and student-centered learning.
- Experience applying research into practice for consulting and professional development in K-12 settings.
- Previously served as the head of an online, blended, or student-centered learning program.
- Evidence of outstanding written and oral communication skills to communicate complex information in non-technical terms that are quickly and easily understood.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across cultural boundaries and work harmoniously with diverse groups of stakeholders, students, teachers, and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to contribute to a safe work environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google products.
- Ability to work a standard forty-hour week in the Michigan Virtual office in Lansing, MI or from a remote location.
- Ability and willingness to travel to schools, districts, and other educational organizations within Michigan.
- Familiarity with general project management practices.
- Experience developing and managing project budgets.
- Experience leading teams or organizations.
- Experience working with remote staff.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*