132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 1 New Jobs Today.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, CSL Seqirus, Medical Affairs
About the Opportunity
The Northeastern University Fellowship Program provides a dynamic academic environment offering fellows the opportunity for a wide breadth of experiences:
- Develop teaching skills through participation in our Teaching and Learning Seminar series
- Facilitate small and large group didactic education in partnership with a faculty mentor
- Utilize a layered learning model in experiential education by co-precepting students on pharmacy practice experiences including Northeastern’s unique co-op program
- Create, present, and publish scholarly research through collaborative industry and university relationships
- Engage with faculty who participate in various interdisciplinary graduate programs including biotechnology, nanomedicine, immunology, health informatics, and drug discovery
- Network with area residents and other Northeastern fellows via professional development programs, teaching seminars, and participation on fellowship committees
About CSL Seqirus:
CSL Seqirus USA Inc. and Northeastern University are proud to announce a 24-month fellowship with CSL Seqirus designed to provide pharmacists with a broad exposure to the area of Medical Affairs. The two-years Medical Affairs Fellowship provides an opportunity to learn the skills and experiences necessary to excel as a pharmacist in Medical Affairs, a key function in any biopharmaceutical company. The fellowship will be based out of the CSL Seqirus office in Cambridge, MA.
CSL Seqirus was formed in July 2015, when bioCSL and the influenza vaccines of Novartis joined forces to create CSL Seqirus, now the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world, for both seasonal and pandemic influenza preparedness. It is a global company and has manufacturing and R&D hubs across three continents, a globally integrated supply chain and a commercial presence in more than 20 countries.
The Medical Affairs fellow will assist across all pertinent areas of Medical Affairs within CSL Seqirus. The fellow will have rotations in medical information, medical communications & publications, field-based US medical science liaison and promotional review committee and will also have the opportunity to specialize in a preferred area of Medical Affairs for an elective rotation. The fellow will help the team to develop the strategy and implementation surrounding the collection, preparation, and dissemination of medical and scientific information on CSL Seqirus’ products externally to health care providers, health care institutions, patients and their families, and internally to CSL Seqirus partners in multiple countries.
The fellow’s portfolio will span all CSL Seqirus pipeline and marketed products in the region.
Responsibilities - Medical Affairs:
- Develops and maintains a broad knowledge of medical, scientific and technical information for therapeutic area and product portfolio, becoming a scientific influenza expert for Medical Information.
- Assist with creation and reviews of key medical communication documents, including, but not limited to, Scientific Responses Documents (SRDs), Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), content for medical meetings/symposia/Advisory Boards, content for internal Medical Affairs staff training and Data-on-File. Ensures prompt and accurate, quality-assured documents are created in alignment with the Global and Regional Medial Affairs scientific messages and strategy.
- Creates and implements processes/procedures for streamlined handling of medical inquiries.
- Partners cross functionally to ensure data is incorporated into content and process is in place for highest volume topics for customers.
- Assist with the Publications, Abstracts and Posters; helps to facilitate Team calls to review progress of manuscripts and congress planning progress. Arrange for medical writing support once publication plan is recognized. Ensure that the vendor selected is trained on internal policies, Good Publication Practice (GPP) Guidelines, internal compliance requirements and authorship criteria.
- Ensure consistent cross-functional communication and collaboration on ongoing publication projects and project updates with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Assist with updating important internal documents such as the Scientific Pillars and Platforms and product compendia to support the Medical Plan and Medical Communication strategy.
- Assist with the oversight of manuscript submission for RD disclosure review including manuscripts (primary and secondary), abstracts and posters for review and approval prior to submission to journals and congresses.
- Assist with medical content review for professional materials through the medical clearance committee (MCC). Works with the medial affairs team to evaluate and review promotional materials. Seeks to build and maintain collaborative relationships with all involved in the MCC process and sets a model for professional and productive interactions.
- Ensures timely medical support for Medical Copy Clearance (medical review of promotional materials) is accomplished for all CSL Seqirus’ products.
- Ensure that strategically aligned scientific communication is medically accurate and supported by appropriate data.
- Participate in the development of unbranded and branded commercial programs ensuring that they are medically accurate.
- Provide medical input and advice into development of commercial campaigns, where applicable and ensure that timely support and accuracy for Medical Copy Clearance is accomplished for all CSL Seqirus’ vaccines, in the United States.
- Assist with Identifying appropriate regional Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) with which to develop professional relationships to ensure exchange of medical-scientific information relevant to CSL Seqirus’s products and areas of therapeutic interest. Gather, translate, and communicate actionable, strategy-aligned insights from scientific, educational, and conference setting interactions. Attend scientific and medical meetings. Deliver approved educational programs and training to relevant internal functions.
- Maintain excellent professional relationships, engage and cultivate relationships with leading KOLs to gain contribution/ participation in advisory boards, greater understanding of influenza vaccines and insights into unmet patient needs.
- Represents CSL Seqirus at scientific and medical forums, including medical education forums, scientific roundtables, congresses, and symposia.
- Planning, designing and managing or participating in local, regional, national and global medical Advisory Boards including working with vendor(s) in support of Medical Affairs strategies.
Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited institution, eligible for licensure as a pharmacist in the State of Massachusetts.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Scientific knowledge in influenza therapeutic area
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet agreed metrics
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to operate in a collaborative work environment
- Sound and balanced judgment; able to assess and handle risks; self-confident, proactive and decisive
- Has the expertise, determination and courage to resolve or escalate issues as appropriate
- Values and behaviours consistent with CSL’s
- High ethical standards as well as personal credibility
- Ability to prioritize and deliver
- Excellent leadership and relationship skills
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Take initiative on a variety of projects at the industry site and Northeastern
Applicants should submit the following APPLICATION MATERIALS by the priority deadline of October 31st, 2022:
- Curriculum vitae (CV), uploaded
- Unofficial PharmD transcripts, uploaded
- Cover letter, uploaded
Three formal letters of recommendation (LORs) sent directly from the letter writer to PharmDFellowships@northeastern.edu by November 28th, 2022. LOR writers should include the candidate’s name and fellowship program(s) in the subject line (e.g. Smith, John – Seqirus).
Address cover letter and three LORs to:
J. Andrew Orr-Skirvin, PharmD, BCOP
Clinical Professor, School of Pharmacy
Chair, Department of Pharmacy & Health System Sciences
Director of Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program
360 Huntington Ave, 140TF R218
Boston, MA 02115
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity .
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities