132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 1 New Jobs Today.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, GSK Oncology, Global Medical Information
About the Opportunity
The Northeastern University Fellowship Program provides a dynamic academic environment offering fellows the opportunity for a wide breadth of experiences:
- Develop teaching skills through participation in our Teaching and Learning Seminar series
- Facilitate small and large group didactic education in partnership with a faculty mentor
- Utilize a layered learning model in experiential education by co-precepting students on pharmacy practice experiences including Northeastern’s unique co-op program
- Create, present, and publish scholarly research through collaborative industry and university relationships
- Engage with faculty who participate in various interdisciplinary graduate programs including biotechnology, nanomedicine, immunology, health informatics, and drug discovery
- Network with area residents and other Northeastern fellows via professional development programs, teaching seminars, and participation on fellowship committees
GSK is a global biopharma company with the ambition and purpose to unite science, technology, and talent to get ahead of disease together. We aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people over the next 10 years. Our bold ambitions for patients are reflected in new commitments to growth and a step-change in performance. We are a company where outstanding people can thrive. GSK’s therapeutic areas of focus are Infectious diseases, HIV, Oncology, Immunology, and opportunity-driven therapies.
Global Medical Information
The Global Medical Information Fellow will be immersed in all Global Medical Information Center of Excellence activities across multiple therapeutic areas. The fellow will spend their fellowship learning the fundamentals of medical information with rotations across the therapeutic areas. The fellow will have opportunities for projects with other functions based on fellow’s interest.
Medical Information Fundamentals:
- Content Management
- Promotional Review
- Launch Planning
- Development of Payer Focused Materials
- Compendia/Guideline Submissions
- Digital Initiatives
- Support of Congresses and Scientific Booths
Responsibilities - Global Medical Information Center of Excellence:
Example Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop cross-functional relationships across the organization through implementation of the Global Medical Strategy
- Develop standard and custom response letters, slide decks, and infographics for external stakeholders
- Provide medical review of scientific engagement material and commercial material
- Develop pre- and post-authorization payer dossiers and submissions to compendia and pathway organizations
- Attend major medical congresses, including ASHP, SITC, SGO, ASH, ASCO; attend sessions and medical education symposia and provide summary and insight reports; engage with healthcare practitioners at scientific booths
Collaborate with individuals in the Medical Information Center of Excellence on key digital initiatives
Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited institution, eligible for licensure as a pharmacist in the State of Massachusetts.
Excellent oral and written communication, time management, and leadership skills, ability to work independently and take initiative on a variety of projects at the industry site and Northeastern.
Applicants should submit the following APPLICATION MATERIALS by the priority deadline of October 31st, 2022:
- Curriculum vitae (CV), uploaded
- Unofficial PharmD transcripts, uploaded
- Cover letter, uploaded
Three formal letters of recommendation (LORs) sent directly from the letter writer to PharmDFellowships@northeastern.edu by November 28th, 2022. LOR writers should include the candidate’s name and fellowship program(s) in the subject line (e.g. Smith, John – GSK).
Address cover letter and three LORs to:
J. Andrew Orr-Skirvin, PharmD, BCOP
Clinical Professor, School of Pharmacy
Chair, Department of Pharmacy & Health System Sciences
Director of Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program
360 Huntington Ave, 140TF R218
Boston, MA 02115
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity .
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities