132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Alnylam US Marketing
About the Opportunity
The Northeastern University Fellowship Program provides a dynamic academic environment offering fellows the opportunity for a wide breadth of experiences:
- Develop teaching skills through participation in our Teaching and Learning Seminar series
- Facilitate small and large group didactic education in partnership with a faculty mentor
- Utilize a layered learning model in experiential education by co-precepting students on pharmacy practice experiences including Northeastern’s unique co-op program
- Create, present, and publish scholarly research through collaborative industry and university relationships
- Engage with faculty who participate in various interdisciplinary graduate programs including biotechnology, nanomedicine, immunology, health informatics, and drug discovery
- Network with area residents and other Northeastern fellows via professional development programs, teaching seminars, and participation on fellowship committees
Alnylam is delivering on a bold vision to turn scientific possibility into reality, with a robust RNA interference (RNAi) therapeutics platform. As the pioneer in RNAi and the leading RNAi therapeutics company, we have always been uncompromisingly dedicated to translating the breakthrough science into transformational medicines to help as many people as possible. Long focused on rare and genetic diseases, our scientific advances are now allowing us to bring the power of RNAi therapeutics to more prevalent diseases and as a result, we are beginning to recognize the full potential of this new class of medicines.
Alnylam is committed to its journey to become a top 5 independent, global biopharma company. We are already admired and recognized for our dedication to patients, company culture that empowers people to do their best work, track record of scientific innovation, social responsibility, and commercial excellence.
Founded in 2002, and headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Alnylam has over 1,650 employees at work across the globe. We are seeking smart, passionate, “change the world” kind of people who are ready to say, “challenge accepted” to our mission. Thanks to the commitment of every employee globally, Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of Fast Company’s 2021 Best Workplaces for Innovators, a Science Magazine Top Employer three years in a row (2019-2021), a Boston Globe Top Places to Work seven years in a row (2015-2021), a Great Place to Work in Asia, Japan, Brazil, the U.K., Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, France and Switzerland, Seramount’s 100 Best Companies (formerly Working Mother 100 Best Companies) and Best Companies for Dads, Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index two years in a row (2021-2022), among others. At Alnylam, we are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment, culture, and workforce, and we support several Employee Resource Networks.
In 2015, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals partnered with Northeastern University to offer a unique fellowship opportunity in the heart of Boston. The program set out to equip postdoctoral PharmDs with the skills necessary to develop the advanced medicines of the future, like RNAi. The goal was and remains the same: to cultivate the future leaders of biotechnology and allow fellows to pioneer new therapies for patients. Alnylam fellows are grounded in their core expertise area but utilize the fellowship’s flexibility to branch out and discover other opportunities throughout the organization with personalized rotational experiences. Part of the backbone of the fellowship program is the Northeastern University teaching opportunities which allow fellows to share their knowledge in an educational setting.
The US Marketing team is responsible for defining and executing the US marketing strategy of for Alnylam’s RNAi therapeutics. Marketing achieves this through cross-functional collaboration with Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Development, and others. The US Marketing Fellow will engage in the development and execution of strategic brand plans and key marketing initiatives, launch of new RNAi therapeutics, and the generation of commercial insights. This fellowship is for individuals who are entrepreneurial, biased for action, and enjoy working in a dynamic business environment. The fellow will gain key experiences and skills in communication, commercial execution, marketing, and strategic planning.
Responsibilities - US Marketing:
- Execution of personal promotion and targeted non-personal promotion tactics
- Creation of product value messaging and disease awareness materials to support field personnel
- Development of strategic and tactical plans for the Alnylam TTR franchise
- Cross-functional collaboration with Patient Services, Data & Analytics, Market Insights, Competitive Intelligence, and US commercial field teams to support launch activities
- Commercial activities at key conferences, including booth development, product theaters, and promotional sponsorships
- Assessment of commercial opportunity and strategic fit of early pipeline assets including market sizing, competitive landscape scanning, target product concept development, and revenue forecasts
Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited institution, eligible for licensure as a pharmacist in the State of Massachusetts.
Excellent oral and written communication, time management, and leadership skills, ability to work independently and take initiative on a variety of projects at the industry site and Northeastern.
Applicants should submit the following APPLICATION MATERIALS by the priority deadline of October 31st, 2022:
- Curriculum vitae (CV), uploaded
- Unofficial PharmD transcripts, uploaded
- Cover letter, uploaded
Three formal letters of recommendation (LORs) sent directly from the letter writer to PharmDFellowships@northeastern.edu by November 28th, 2022. LOR writers should include the candidate’s name and fellowship program(s) in the subject line (e.g. Smith, John – Alnylam).
Address cover letter and three LORs to:
J. Andrew Orr-Skirvin, PharmD, BCOP
Clinical Professor, School of Pharmacy
Chair, Department of Pharmacy & Health System Sciences
Director of Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program
360 Huntington Ave, 140TF R218
Boston, MA 02115
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity .
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities