132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 1 New Jobs Today.
The Department of Neurology at the Dell Medical School of The University of Texas at Austin is seeking a full-time Pediatric Neuropsychologist to join the UT Health Austin Pediatric Neurosciences at Dell Children’s at the expected rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The focus of the position is on providing assessment and consultation services for children and adolescents with known or suspected neurological conditions, with particular emphasis on the pediatric hematology/oncology population. Preferred candidates will have experience and expertise in neuro-oncology, sickle cell disease, blood disorders, bone marrow transplant, and late effects of cancer treatment. While primarily a clinical position, research experience is preferred, particularly experience with clinical trials, such as through the Children’s Oncology Group, and there are multiple opportunities for academic collaboration with clinicians and researchers through the medical center and The University of Texas at Austin. Teaching opportunities are available through the APA-approved pre-doctoral internship program and the APPCN affiliated postdoctoral residency program in clinical neuropsychology.
As part of The University of Texas at Austin, one of the nation’s leading research universities, the Dell Medical School pursues innovation in the redesign of healthcare delivery, excellence in healthcare research, and programs in interdisciplinary and inter-professional education. It is the fifth medical school in the UT System and the first medical school established in nearly five decades by a member of the Association of American Universities, an organization of leading public and private research universities. An extraordinary commitment of resources, both public and private, has already been made to enable the development and success of the Dell Medical School. The School is partnering closely with the community and regional healthcare providers and payers to provide new models for health promotion, healthcare delivery, and clinical care for the community’s underserved population.
- Serve as a clinical content expert on the neuropsychological aspects of cognitive impairment for the UT Health Austin Pediatric Neurosciences at Dell Children’s
- Coordinate the design and implementation of neuropsychological testing within the UT Health Austin Pediatric Neurosciences at Dell Children’s
- Participate in strategic planning and other efforts directly tied to program development and growth of UT Health Austin Pediatric Neurosciences at Dell Children’s
- Assist in the creation of infrastructure for assessing cognition within the framework of value-based and patient-centered care
- Develop partnerships with referring physicians, hospitals, and ancillary providers in Austin and Central Texas
- Train and mentor students, residents and fellows on new models of care and clinical practice
- Develop and foster an atmosphere of scientific and academic inquiry in conjunction with trainees and researchers within multidisciplinary team
- Collaborate with other schools at The University of Texas at Austin and across The University of Texas system on multidisciplinary, value-based care models
- Actively participate in the respective academic department of the candidate and abide by all required Departmental policies
Eligible applicants would have prior neuropsychological assessment experience and be proficient in completing the full evaluation from intake through presenting assessment results. The successful candidate will have experience with neurology populations, with an emphasis on pediatric populations, and close collaboration with medical specialists from oncology, neurosurgery, physiatry, and other aligned disciplines is expected.
- Eligible for appointment as Assistant or Associate Professor
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. required from an APA or CPA-accredited program in Clinical, Counseling, or School Psychology or related field
- Current state licensure as required, or license-eligible
- Expertise in working with infants, children and adolescents is required
- Post-doctoral training in Neuropsychology is required, with specific experience in Pediatric Neuropsychology
- Board-certified in Clinical Neuropsychology through the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) or training consistent with the ability to become board certified
- 3 years of clinical experience in neuropsychology with infants, children and adolescents
- Experience with value-based care delivery and integrated practice models
- Experience delivering care through a multidisciplinary team
- Documented evidence of interest and experience in generating research related to the practice and/or science of neuropsychology
- Record of leadership and achievement
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities