Postdoctoral Research Fellow- IPSEN, Epidemiology (Epi) and Real-World Evidence (RWE) Sciences
About the Opportunity
The Northeastern University Fellowship Program provides a dynamic academic environment offering fellows the opportunity for a wide breadth of experiences:
- Develop teaching skills through participation in our Teaching and Learning Seminar series
- Facilitate small and large group didactic education in partnership with a faculty mentor
- Utilize a layered learning model in experiential education by co-precepting students on pharmacy practice experiences including Northeastern’s unique co-op program
- Create, present, and publish scholarly research through collaborative industry and university relationships
- Engage with faculty who participate in various interdisciplinary graduate programs including biotechnology, nanomedicine, immunology, health informatics, and drug discovery
- Network with area residents and other Northeastern fellows via professional development programs, teaching seminars, and participation on fellowship committees
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is launching a 2-year post-graduate healthcare professional (PharmD: BSN: DPT: PA) /MPH fellowship in Epidemiology and Real World Evidence (RWE) Sciences (Global Medical Affairs) in collaboration with Northeastern University, Bouve College of Health Sciences.
Ipsen is a global, biopharmaceutical group focused on innovation and specialty care. The group develops and commercializes innovative medicines in three key therapeutic areas – Oncology, Neuroscience and Rare Diseases. Our presence in North America dates back to 1976, and now includes Ipsen’s third global hub right in the heart of the leading global biotech ecosystem in Cambridge, Mass., where a fully integrated biopharmaceutical team across External Innovation and Partnering, R&D, Manufacturing and Commercial operations collaborates. With Ipsen’s expansion of its footprint in Cambridge, and new North America headquarters in Kendall Square, the group is building a sustainable innovation engine within the biotech community.
At Ipsen, we have a clear mission: to improve patients’ lives. We are a dynamic and growing global biopharmaceutical leader focused on innovation and specialty care, with a focus on 3 core areas: oncology, neuroscience, and rare diseases.
This Fellowship Program in collaboration with Northeastern University and Ipsen is designed to provide healthcare professional graduates (PharmD: BSN: DPT: PA) who also hold an MPH degree with an opportunity to gain in-depth experience in the biopharmaceutical industry within Ipsen’s Epidemiology and RWE Sciences Group. For this particular Fellowship position, Ipsen is seeking candidates with educational experience in epidemiology and/or real-world evidence research; it is preferred that a candidate has completed an MPH (or equivalent) degree.
Areas of Focus for the PharmD: BSN: DPT: PA /MPH Fellowship Program include:
- Real-World Evidence (RWE) Sciences
- Integrated Evidence Generation Planning
- Health Economics and Outcomes Research
*Other cross-functional experiences can be considered per candidate aspirations and availability of appropriate mentors
The program consists of a 2-year fellowship with the Epidemiology and RWE Science team within Global Medical Affairs. As part of this program, the Fellow will have opportunities to have interactions with a number of different functions within the company. The Fellow also participates in the Northeastern University seminars/events/teaching opportunities. The Fellow will work on-site at Ipsen in Cambridge, MA, and at Northeastern offices on campus.
- Manage activities around generation of basic epidemiologic data for cross-functional partners across all the Ipsen therapeutic areas and functions
- Understand various tasks, processes and industry standards involved in conducting RWE/epidemiologic activity areas at Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Assist in the management of integrated evidence plans across therapeutic areas
- Be an active contributor to the team to develop/launch RWE strategies within the Ipsen Teams
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (regulatory, marketing, sales, legal, clinical development) to provide and communicate the most up to date data generation plans and needs as a subject matter expert
- Support Epidemiology & RWE Sciences Strategy Leads to manage and oversee operational activities around RWE projects launched by the Epidemiology & RWE Sciences team
- Gain experience and skills to be a successful member of an Epi and/or RWE Sciences team in the biotech industry
PharmD: BSN: DPT: PA who also holds an MPH (or equivalent) degree.
Excellent oral and written communication, time management, and leadership skills, ability to work independently and take initiative on a variety of projects at the industry site and Northeastern.
Applicants should submit the following APPLICATION MATERIALS by the priority deadline of October 31st , 2022:
- Curriculum vitae (CV), uploaded
- Unofficial PharmD transcripts, uploaded
- Cover letter, uploaded
Three formal letters of recommendation (LORs) sent directly from the letter writer to PharmDFellowships@northeastern.edu by November 28th 2022. LOR writers should include the candidate’s name and fellowship program(s) in the subject line (e.g. Smith, John – Ipsen, GSK).
Address cover letter and three LORs to:
J. Andrew Orr-Skirvin, PharmD, BCOP
Clinical Professor, School of Pharmacy
Chair, Department of Pharmacy & Health System Sciences
Director of Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship Program
360 Huntington Ave, 140TF R218
Boston, MA 02115
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity .
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*