132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 1 New Jobs Today.
Postdoctoral Fellow in Bioinformatics
Job Posting Title:
Postdoctoral Fellow in Bioinformatics, Department of Oncology, Dell Medical School
Department of Oncology
Position Open To:
Weekly Scheduled Hours:
Earliest Start Date:
Expected to Continue Until Nov 30, 2023
In this big data era of precision medicine, we use systems and computational biology, bioinformatics, and proteomics approaches to identify genetic and epigenetic biomarkers, and synthetic lethal mechanisms underlying cancer and immunity for personalized medicine in the lab and program of Dr. Stephen Yi, Director of Bioinformatics and Principal Investigator at the Livestrong Cancer Institutes at Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin. Prof. Yi is a recognized expert in systems biology, network medicine and functional variomics/regulatory networks.
The postdoctoral research will be performed in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment with world-class experts and state-of-the-art technologies, which provide ideal career development opportunities for postdocs.
- Perform bioinformatics data analyses using single cell networks and CRISPR genome editing data, and integrative deep learning-based modeling studies in a collaborative environment at the Dell Medical School. These projects utilize functional data from cell lines, Patient Derived Xenograft (PDX) models and cancer patients. Data analyses include genomics, proteomics, network biology, epigenetics and next-generation sequencing.
- Publish manuscripts, write and edit grants, progress reports.
- Participate in the design of a project. Lead a research effort in the direction set forth by the PI and the specific project.
- Other related functions as assigned.
Applicants should have a recent Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) in bioinformatics, computational/systems biology, human genetics, cancer biology, or relevant fields within the last three years. The Dell Medical School is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to diversity and excellence within the learning health system. At the Dell Medical School we strive to create a vital, inclusive health ecosystem. To ensure alignment, we follow these fundamental values: https://dellmed.utexas.edu/culture . Interested applicants should include a cover letter describing past research experience, a curriculum vitae, and the contact information of three references.
Experience with cancer genomics, CRISPR screens and next-generation sequencing is a plus.
- May work around standard office conditions
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
- Occasional weekend, overtime and evening work to meet deadlines
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
Important for applicants who are NOT current university employees or contingent workers: You will be prompted to submit your resume the first time you apply, then you will be provided an option to upload a new Resume for subsequent applications. Any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) will be uploaded in the Application Questions section; you will be able to multi-select additional files. Before submitting your online job application, ensure that ALL Required Materials have been uploaded. Once your job application has been submitted, you cannot make changes.
Important for Current university employees and contingent workers: As a current university employee or contingent worker, you MUST apply within Workday by searching for Find UT Jobs. If you are a current University employee, log-in to Workday, navigate to your Worker Profile, click the Career link in the left hand navigation menu and then update the sections in your Professional Profile before you apply. This information will be pulled in to your application. The application is one page and you will be prompted to upload your resume. In addition, you must respond to the application questions presented to upload any additional Required Materials (letter of interest, references, etc.) that were noted above.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities