132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Early Career Programs Specialist
Requisition Id 9441
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is the largest US Department of Energy science and energy laboratory, conducting basic and applied research to deliver transformative solutions to compelling problems in energy and security. Our diverse capabilities span a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines, enabling the Laboratory to explore fundamental science challenges and to carry out the research needed to accelerate the delivery of solutions to the marketplace.
The Office of Research Excellence (ORE) seeks to hire an Early Career Programs Specialist. ORNL early career researcher programs foster an inclusive ecosystem for thriving research careers across three main cohorts: postdoctoral researchers, staff fellows, and rising early career scientists and engineers. In this position, you will be responsible for the implementation of enrichment programs focused on building a strong science culture among these cohorts, recognized nationally for attracting competitive early career researchers, contributing to DOE’s mission, and delivering outstanding research and career development experiences. The Early Career Programs Specialist will be a resource to early career researchers and the postdoctoral research association at ORNL. In this position, you will be reporting to the ORE Director, joining a dynamic team and contributing uniquely to the success of the organization.
- Working with the ORE director, design and implement lab-wide framework for targeted cohorts of early career researchers across the lab, including planning and coordination of cohort enrichment and development activities with an emphasis on inclusion and well-being.
- Launch the Integrated Development Framework for postdoctoral researchers and early career S&T staff, in collaboration with HR Talent Development division
- Support the Oak Ridge Postdoctoral Association (OPRA) and the executive committee ORPEX, including communication strategy and business planning and implementation.
- Responsible for program evaluation, including:
- Manage data collection/analysis associated with early career researcher programs
- Create reports on early career researcher programs metrics
- Oversee programs’ websites, including maintaining media presence and PR, in coordination with communications and other stakeholders
- Support the development of program policies and procedures in collaboration with administrative and operations leads, IT, procurement, and human resources
- Support director outreach efforts such as special workshops, seminars, and working groups
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in operational support positions to executive levels of management or equivalent experience
- Expertise in program management, including planning, programs development, implementation, and evaluation
- Experience using database and project management applications
- Enthusiasm for helping to develop the next generation of scientist and scientific leaders
- Able to manage and adapt to rapidly changing priorities, taking initiatives to address tasks or projects with appropriate support staff
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a multi-cultural environment. Critical thinking, strong written and oral communication skills are a must
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to develop and manage professional relationships with staff and stakeholders
- A Master’s degree in Business, Communications, or related field
- Experience working collaboratively within research organizations
- Experience with STEM and/or working with early career scientists
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*