||Computer Aided Manufacturing Instructor (Part-Time) Fresno City College
||Fresno City College
|Essential Functions of Position
The ideal candidate will share Fresno City College’s commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. We currently enroll over 22,000 students of which 56% are Latinx, 10% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 5% are African American, 22% are White, and 6% are multiracial. FCC is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
Providing instruction in Computer Aided Manufacturing, on the Fresno City College campus and/or at off-site community campus locations, the instructor will be responsible for:
- Instructing on the principles of:
- Computer Aided Designing with the latest version of Mastercam;
- Fusion 360;
- Mastercam for SolidWorks;
- CNC operation;
- CNC Haas or Akira Seiki Mill/Lathe setup and operation;
- Computer Aided Machining programing;
- G&M Codes in relationship to computer machine programing; and
- Skills in drawing a complete set of working drawings for class project that includes tool list and mill specs on computer.
- Strong knowledge of computers with emphasis in Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing using latest version of Mastercam and Fusion 360;
- Machining Skills including shop safety, CNC Mill safety, CNC Lathe safety, setup CNC Mill/Lathe machine, CAD/CAM/CNC process;
- Digital manufacturing process;
- Maintaining SLO’s for classes taught;
- Maintaining all documents pertaining to CAM classes taught for technical report writing;
- Setting up CNC Mill/Lathes for the machining of student’s projects using CAM software;
- Ability to troubleshoot CNC programs in lab;
- Duties may include assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus, and large group instruction classes as needed; and
- Otherwise fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- A bachelor’s degree and two years of directly related professional experience;
- An associate degree and six years of directly related professional experience;
- A valid California Community College credential;
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires and equivalency).
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need of equity-minded practices within the classroom.
- Knowledge and recent experience applicable to courses in Computer Aided Manufacturing, for example, mechanical drafting, geometric tolerance and dimensioning, manufacturing processes, design and working drawings, CNC Mill and Lathe programming using the computer based software for the generation of machine code (G&M codes);
- Experience working with students of various cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and staff;
- Related work and professional experience;
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusions of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Willingness to examine and re-mediate one’s instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its missions and goals.
|Salary and Benefits
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture and $38.67 – $52.55 for lab Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.
|Additional Information about the Position
|Open Until Filled
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*