Coordinator - Campus Space Inventory
Applicant Search Category:
University Authorized FTE:
Founded in 1856, University of Maryland, College Park is the state’s flagship institution. Our 1,250-acre College Park campus is just minutes away from Washington, D.C., and the nexus of the nation’s legislative, executive, and judicial centers of power. This unique proximity to business and technology leaders, federal departments and agencies, and a myriad of research entities, embassies, think tanks, cultural centers, and non-profit organizations is simply unparalleled. Synergistic opportunities for our faculty and students abound and are virtually limitless in the nation’s capital and surrounding areas. The University is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff that will enhance our stature of preeminence in our three missions of teaching, scholarship, and full engagement in our community, the state of Maryland, and in the world.
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.
The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University requires that students, faculty, and staff on the UMD
campus be vaccinated against COVID
-19. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD
, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
The primary purpose of the position is to manage the space database inventory and reporting of all university facilities and to assist the Assistant Director Space Planning and Facilities Asset Inventory in the development and maintenance of a Facilities Asset Information System for all university facilities. This position is directly responsible for implementing the UM computer-aided facilities management systems (INSITE Visual-FM and Net-FM as well as providing training and support for university staff in use of read-only CAD tools (INSITE-VFM LT, VIEW-FM). This position works in conjunction with the Renovation Services unit in FM’s Department of Operations and Maintenance as well as the P&C Design Services Group and Project Management Group to accurately maintain campus floor plans.
Bachelor of Science degree desired (Architecture, Engineering or in a closely related field).
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Four (4) years of related experience in space inventory system and computer-aided drafting (CAD) programs or related experience.
- Must have proficiency in the operation of CAD tools (upgrades to software as appropriate) and thorough knowledge of and skill in applying principles, practices, and techniques of using computer-aided design (CAD) to create documents and maps; specifically, must have skill and experience in working with AutoCAD 2019 or higher.
- Knowledge of digitizing and layering standard conventions and visual analysis of buildings and structures.
- Excellent numerical skills (graphical calculations of area of rooms and facilities based on field measurements and/or final construction drawings). Use of analytic geometry, algebra and interpolation are required.
- Computer proficiency, specifically experience with web-based programs, Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel, Google sheets)
- Working knowledge of at least one reporting tool such as SAP Crystal Reports, Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Must be able to plan and conduct field surveys (routine and non-routine) and to maintain accurate facilities management records.
- Must have the ability to work with staff at many different levels in the university organization.
- Ability to work on different projects at the same time requiring balancing of workload and priorities.
- Understanding of the institution’s organizational hierarchy and all applicable university rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the higher education facilities classification system (FICM).
For full and best consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and list of three (3) professional references by January 2, 2023.
The hiring salary range is: $68,640 – $85,800
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Maryland in its mission of achieving excellence as the State’s primary center of research and graduate education and the institution of choice for undergraduate students of exceptional ability and promise. We are responsible for the physical campus – its academic, research and administrative spaces, the building infrastructure, and the surrounding landscape. Our workforce of about 800 employees brings a rich diversity of backgrounds, talents and skills to the management of this complex environment. We serve the campus community twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days per year.
Not Applicable to This Position
Incumbent works predominantly in an office environment. Facilities inspections and site visits are a normal condition of the job. Telework eligible up to 2 times per week.
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration Date
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*