132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 1 New Jobs Today.
RESEARCH SCIENTIST, SENIOR
School of Medicine Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation's top medical schools. Ranked sixth among medical schools in the nation, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve human health locally and around the globe. Composed of more than 2,500 faculty physicians and researchers, more than 1,300 students, and more than 6,000 staff, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing, Duke University Health System and the Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) comprise Duke Health. a world-class academic medical center. The Health System encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
The Center for Virtual Imaging Trials is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Research Scientist, Sr. The broad objective of the Center for Virtual Imaging Trials is to develop and provide a comprehensive virtual platform to assess the clinical performance of medical imaging technologies or applications from design to use. In its first phase, the Center focuses on Computed Tomography (CT). The Center will provide essential resources to optimize the design and use of CT technologies for improved human health.
This individual reports to the Center’s PI and works alongside the Center’s PI and Executive Committee to administer the Center, providing logistical and organizational management of the Center’s activities and data.
Work Performed (i.e. Duties):
- Program, project, and portfolio management, serving as the executive administrator of CVIT overseeing the entire operation of the Center including scientific, developmental, administrative, and training (70%)
- Additional responsibilities will relate to research operations; safety and ethics; data; scientific concepts; and site and study management (30%)
- Develop, coordinate, and implement research and administrative strategies essential to the successful management of CVIT research programs led by investigator(s) and faculty.
- Conduct research in line with the priorities and goals of the CVIT.
- Provide training as needed related to the research activities of the Center.
- Perform and/or oversee a variety of complex duties involved in the collection and evaluation of research program data to monitor progress toward program and project milestones.
- Provide guidance on portfolio/project implementation strategy to provide direction for research activities within the portfolio or program. Assist with efforts to obtain and manage study or program funding.
- Frequently interact with other research groups or programs, by serving as primary liaison and public relations lead for research program and related projects.
- Coordinate wider program activities with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods, and reporting requirements.
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate (e.g., Sc.D., M.D., D.V.M.).
- 5+ years of related postdoctoral experience conducting scientific research preferred. Multiple publications and notable significant contributions to scientific research preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be team oriented and able to work effectively in a highly collaborative work environment
- Must be able to manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities and have the ability to learn and apply new skills and concepts
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities