132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 1 New Jobs Today.
Associate Director, DigiTex
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:Associate Director, DigiTex
Job Description Summary:To direct programs and services of DigiTex, and assist the Executive Director in administering and operationally supporting a statewide consortium of Texas' community college districts, which inter-institutionally share digital learning resources, including instruction, administration, research, technology, and services.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages collection and analysis of complex data and conducts research on DigiTex services and programs for continuous improvement and reporting to the state. Assists DigiTex member colleges with data collection and research on digital learning.
- Assists the Executive Director in identifying potential sources of revenue, including federal, state, and private grants, and contributes to grant application and administration processes.
- Serves as the Texas Quality Matters Consortium (TxQMC) Coordinator. Oversees data collection and analysis to manage the growth and further development of the consortium. Communicates with member institutions and potential members.
- Conducts and disseminates research on DigiTex programs and services, as well as digital learning at community colleges across Texas, at conferences, and in white papers and publications.
- Creates and deploys professional development opportunities, such as conferences, webinars, online courses, and certifications, for DigiTex members, often in collaboration with DigiTex partner organizations, such as Texas Digital Libary, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and STARLINK.
- Manages DigiTex projects and initiatives as assigned by Executive Director (e.g. State Authorization Network system membership, course sharing platform, open educational resource projects, etc.).
- Meets with senior-level administrators at DigiTex member colleges to assess needs and share information regarding DigiTex services and consortial collaborations.
- Assists the Executive Director in developing and maintaining strategic partnerships with nonprofits and other organizations in order to fulfill the goals of DigiTex's strategic plan.
- Serve as liaison to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) on matters related to DigiTex inter-institutional course-sharing practices.
- Performs complex activities using word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and survey development software. Supports the development of handouts, newsletters, brochures, presentations, or other materials as needed.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- College operations, organization, policies, and procedures.
- Digital learning and distance education principles and practices.
- Accreditation and quality assurance.
- Grant application, administration, and reporting.
- Data collection, analytics, and qualitative/quantitative research.
- Records retention, preservation, and recording.
- Office management processes and procedures.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Collecting and analyzing complex data and conducting research for continuous improvement.
- Managing multiple, complex projects from inception to completion and evaluation.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including the use of tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills, including the use of intense attention to detail and follow-through.
- Exercising independent judgment.
- Working with others in a collaborative manner.
- Compiling and organizing complex materials, summarizing discussions and actions taken in report form.
- Providing clear instructions regarding computer-based processes and transactions both orally and in writing.
- Analyzing situations quickly and accurately and adopting an effective course of action.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials, including student data.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships in a virtual environment through use of telephone, email, listservs, and other web-based tools as appropriate.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
Required Work Experience
- Five years related work experience.
- Master's degree.
- Attends occasional meetings, conferences and college visits. Must be available for occasional travel.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Information for This Posting
- This posting is contingent on continued funding support.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
$62,249 - $77,811
Number of Openings:1
Job Posting Close Date:December 30, 2022
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities