132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Clinical Professor in Supply Chain Management and Director for the Supply Chain Management Institute
The position will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and lead a team to strategically position the SCMI and its programs to a higher level of impact.
- Teach courses assigned by the department chair including,but not limited to, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management and Global Purchase & Supply Management.
- Serve as fundraising lead for Institute purposes such as developing endowments for an academic chair, student scholarships, and personnel resources etc.
- Manage the SCMI Advisory Board and pursue/onboard new members.
- Organize and deliver a portfolio of certificate programs.
- Plan and execute industry conferences including the annual Fall Forum and Spring Symposium, career fairs, webinars, and industry workshops & seminars.
- Serve as a resource to press media as a subject matter expert or as a conduit to faculty and the press.
- Serve as a conduit between industry and the supply chain/operations academic department for improving curriculum and introducing co-curricular activities related to the supply chain management department.
- Pursue and lead industry consulting opportunities which engage faculty and students that are compatible with and complementary to the direct goals of the Institute, the School, and USD.
- Inclusion in appropriate Knauss School of Business student events and participation as a committed member of the USD community with its values built upon the social teachings of the Catholic Church involving ethical behavior, social justice, respect for diversity, and related values.
- Some domestic and at times international travel is required.
- Some weekend work required for meeting with constituents of the SCMI.
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- A recognized leader actively engaged in supply chain management practice (either direct line experience as a manager/executive and/or as a consultant with a record of generating cost savings and/or increasing revenues).
- An extensive industry network combined with a national or international reputation and visibility in the broad field of supply chain management.
- An experienced team builder and team player with demonstrated success in building coalitions and alliances.
- Experience in scoping projects and packaging proposals for the purpose of obtaining grants, consulting projects, or other related revenue generating opportunities.
- Experience in event management, directing marketing campaigns, and success in personal selling.
- A passion for advancing and promoting best practices, with applications to advancing the state of the art in supply chain management with SCMI programs.
- Experience with a university system such as teaching, academic research, executive training, advising on curriculum, serving as a guest lecturer, or recruiter for interns/jobs.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills (both verbal and written).
- Writing skills ideally demonstrated by articles in practitioner or academic journals and/or books.
- Masters degree required/terminal degree highly desirable.
- Global work experience preferred.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer.
Special Application Instructions:
To apply, click Apply Now and ensure all applicable sections are completed.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis until the position is filled. However, we encourage candidates to apply by May 1st, 2023.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information of 3 references
- Teaching evaluation (if available)
Contact: Daniel Lin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-923-3617
If you have any technical questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities