132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Adjunct Faculty - Construction Management
Duties and Tasks:
- Teach specific classes in the designated discipline.
- Develop course syllabi and instructional materials.
- Maintain records, assign grades, and assess student progress.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and regulations of NOVA and the VCCS.
- Maintain current competence in the particular discipline or field of specialization.
As a part of the primary responsibility to provide quality instruction, the College expects each faculty member to meet assigned classes regularly; submit required records and reports routinely; teach the prescribed courses of study with the established texts; and adhere to the statement on professional ethics in accordance with College policies, procedures, and regulations.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Ability to use instructional technology
- A Construction Management, or related engineering discipline degree or certification
- Practical experience in Site Supervision and Field Operations and/or Construction Project Scheduling
- Prior experience teaching in higher education
- Experience teaching in classroom, hybrid, and online formats.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Experience teaching students from diverse language backgrounds and varying levels of proficiency.
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities