132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 13 New Jobs Today.
Associate Director, Business Development
Reporting to the Managing Director of Strategic Partnerships, the Associate Director, Business Development Manager will be responsible for a range of activities related to the development and commercialization of promising Harvard technologies. Primary responsibilities include developing innovative strategies for the commercialization of Harvard technologies; identifying and pursuing high profile commercial opportunities within a portfolio (managed by the Managing Director or Director of Business Development (DBD), serving as the lead in providing business development services to assigned faculty members under the supervision of the Managing Director or DBD, and assisting in the organization of education and outreach activities that help elevate the visibility of the department among internal and external stakeholders.
Duties include, but are not limited to,
- Managing Fellows (Harvard graduate students and postdoctoral fellows) in the review and assessment of the commercial potential of invention disclosures from research conducted by Harvard faculty; preparing, drafting, and approving technology profiles (by the Fellows) in order to market Harvard technologies;
- Performing due diligence and market research with respect to identifying potential licensees and industrial partners for Harvard technologies;
- Interacting with Harvard OTD’s IP Team in support of filing and prosecution of patent applications;
- Working closely with OTD’s Technology Transactions team in the general execution of agreements;
- Under the supervision of the Managing Director or DBD, negotiating and executing select agreements related to commercial opportunities, such as options, confidentiality, and inter-institutional agreements, industry-sponsored research, licenses, and collaboration agreements; and providing other services to certain assigned faculty members.
- The position will also interact with peer institutions and other academic institutions, as well as representatives from industry, as appropriate.
- Other duties may include: coordination with OTD’s Director of Communications regarding web-content and email distributions (e.g., technology newsletter), organization of OTD networking events and outreach, management of business development consultants.
Candidates MUST meet the following basic qualifications in order to be considered for this role:
A minimum of eight years of relevant experience. Ph.D. or advanced degree in Biomedical Sciences required, plus two to four years of experience in business development in industry or academia.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- General understanding of intellectual property, business acumen, legal agreements, and client relationship building required.
- Startup experience and/or an MBA degree, a plus. Preference is given to those with at least 2 years of direct experience in developing, marketing, and commercialization of technologies as well as experience with managing complex and sensitive sponsored research and license agreements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; adept with information gathering, database management, and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to select, set, and meet appropriate goals from among competing demands and work independently within a team environment. Ability to produce polished written documents and presentations demonstrated analytical skills and creative problem-solver.
PLEASE NOTE: During the current period of Covid-19 related restrictions, this position may start as a remote position, with the transition to onsite in Cambridge when the office reopens.
We continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 and the lifting of restrictions. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility with our interview process. We will be conducting interviews virtually for selected candidates until further notice.
This is a 3-year term position.
USA - MA - Cambridge
360059 Admin Offcr/SrIndiv Contrib
Office of the President and Provost
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Full time. Monday through Friday. 35 hours per week.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities