132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Laboratory Instructor - Chemistry
Laboratory Instructor - Chemistry
The American University of the Middle East (AUM) is a private university established in 2005 in Kuwait. AUM’s mission is to provide an interactive learning environment that facilitates the development of leaders who are committed to their culture, global ethical values, and professionalism.
Within the last ten years, AUM became a landmark in the private higher education sector in Kuwait and the region through its curricula, its integrated and green campus, and a culture which embraces diversity and innovation. The University is ranked as the Top University in Kuwait and 24th in the region in Times Higher Education(THE) Arab University Rankings 2021.
The College of Engineering and Technology (CoET) at AUM is dedicated to maintaining high quality academic programs by adopting a learner centered approach. CoET aspires to prepare students for life-long learning and careers in engineering for engineering students, and in technology for technology students; with emphasis on leadership skills and creative work so they can lead cultural, social, and economic development.
AUM College of Engineering and Technology is recruiting full-time faculty members as Assistant/Associate Professors for Chemistry courses to start from Spring Semester 2023.
- A Master's Degree in Chemistry or a closely related field from an internationally accredited university.
- Ability to work in a diverse, interdisciplinary, and fast-paced environment.
- Have demonstrable skills in oral and written English, the language of instruction and communication on campus.
- Have excellent publication records is a plus.
- Experience in academic or industry is a plus.
In addition to the above requirements, successful applicants should demonstrate teaching experience and research interest in at least one of the following topics:
- Organic Chemistry
- General Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
Faculty members are engaged in teaching, services, research and professional development tasks.
Successful candidates are expected to:
- Prepare labs manuals and syllabi. Prepare experiments and test them.
- Deliver laboratory sessions, including pre-laboratory presentations.
- Supervise and assist students in all aspects related to the labs and the related courses.
- Assess students’ performance using the assessment tools as described in the Labs’ syllabi (quizzes, presentations, lab reports, exams, etc.).
- Strive to increase teaching effectiveness through the application of appropriate teaching and learning strategies.
- Keep record of students’ attendance.
- Prepare laboratory course portfolios for the labs by the end of each semester.
- Document information by maintaining logs and equipment record books.
- Place orders for the necessary equipment and specimens. Ensure compliance with the university’s safety regulations.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in labs.
- Assist in proctoring exams.
- Support faculty within the same specialized area in research.
- Contribute to the advancement of the professional development activities. Support the college and departmental wide activities and services with a spirit of leadership, commitment, accountability, and collegiality. Undertake any other duties as may be directed by the Head of Department.
How to Apply?
Applicants are invited to apply by sending the following documents to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a recent photo
- Copies diplomas or certificates
- Recommendation letters, if available
Equal Opportunity Employer
AUM is an equal opportunity employer. It offers internationally competitive salaries, remuneration packages, research incentives, and professional development opportunities.
With faculty members and staff coming from more than 60 countries, AUM is a diverse and inclusive environment. AUM campus houses cutting-edge facilities that faculty and staff can benefit from such as Sports Center, Library, Research and Innovation Center, Cultural Center, and more than 55 laboratories.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities