132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 1 New Jobs Today.
School of Medicine Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation's top medical schools. Ranked sixth among medical schools in the nation, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve human health locally and around the globe. Composed of more than 2,500 faculty physicians and researchers, more than 1,300 students, and more than 6,000 staff, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing, Duke University Health System and the Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) comprise Duke Health. a world-class academic medical center. The Health System encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
You will be mainly involved in the department's research activities as follows:
1) Cellular and molecular mechanisms regulating cancer pain and antitumor immunity.
2) Sexually dimorphic pain regulation and sex hormone control of pain signaling.
3) Sensory neuron control of host immunity against infection.
4) Identification of objective biomarkers and mechanisms underlying chronic pain in humans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Min Degree Requirements: Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate (e.g. Sc.D., M.D., D.V.M.)
Other Credential/Experiential Requirements: The incumbent must be a true post-doctoral fellow registered with the Post Doc Office and per the following requirements:
· The term of this appointment is limited (5 years with a possible extension for an additional year)
· The appointment involves substantially full-time research or scholarship, which may include teaching responsibilities.
· The appointment is viewed as preparatory for a full time academic or research career.
· The appointment is not part of a clinical research training program, unless research training under the supervision of a senior mentor is a primary purpose of the appointment.
· The appointee works under the supervision of a scholar or a department at Duke University.
· The appointee has the freedom, and is expected to publish the results of his or her research or scholarship during the period of the appointment.
See job description for education requirements.
See job description for requirements.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities