132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 1 New Jobs Today.
Postdoctoral Associate - Psychiatry - Child Div - Swartz Team
School of Medicine Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation's top medical schools. Ranked sixth among medical schools in the nation, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve human health locally and around the globe. Composed of more than 2,500 faculty physicians and researchers, more than 1,300 students, and more than 6,000 staff, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing, Duke University Health System and the Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) comprise Duke Health. a world-class academic medical center. The Health System encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
The Duke Services, Policy and Law Research Program in the Duke Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences is currently recruiting for a Postdoctoral Associate to join our research team. The candidate will work under the supervision of senior faculty members: Drs. Jeffrey Swanson, Allison Gilbert, Michele Easter and Marvin Swartz. The position will primarily be focused on studies related to the areas of substance use, mental health, criminal justice and violence. Several specific projects focus on: 1) the effectiveness of laws to reduce gun violence, and 2) effectiveness of programs to avoid or reduce incarceration of individuals with mental health and/or substance abuse conditions. Several foundation-funded projects are available and include both qualitative and quantitative data analysis. Excellent resources and support available; there are numerous opportunities for career advancement. Start date is negotiable.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- A Ph.D or equivalent degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, or a related discipline.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within an interdisciplinary research team.
- Strong quantitative skills in the areas of biostatistics, health services research and/or epidemiology.
- Strong programming skills (SAS, SPSS, STATA or other statistical packages).
- Knowledge or interest in addiction and/or mental health research.
- Ability to develop and implement new statistical methodologies.
- Interest in also assisting with recruitment and data collection of ongoing trials and project management.
- Learn background/research methods of studies for which analysis is conducted.
- Statistical analysis and database management.
- Collaborate on multiple research projects at a time.
- Preparation of independent research manuscripts for publication.
- Assist with data queries for research grant proposals.
- Work effectively with other members of the research team.
See job description for education requirements.
See job description for requirements.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities