132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 13 New Jobs Today.
RNA Accelerator Postdoctoral Fellow Inflammation & Immunology
The Inflammation and Immunology Research Unit in Cambridge, Massachusetts is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to study the application of mRNA medicines to immune regulation and tolerance. The postdoctoral fellow will investigate novel ways to target mRNA-based expression of autoantigens in cells and tissues that promote immune tolerance. A primary goal is to characterize the nature of tolerance and enhance understanding of current concepts in tolerogenic vaccines, immune cell memory, suppression, exhaustion, anergy, and/or senescence.
The successful approval of mRNA vaccines has fueled explosive growth in the development of mRNA and other genetic medicines. It is an exciting time to study how these platform technologies can better serve patients and address unmet health needs. The postdoctoral fellow will join a vibrant, global research organization that is dedicated to advancing innovative mRNA science and making world-class discoveries. This unique opportunity will empower the postdoctoral fellow to work with cutting-edge technologies at a premier research company and deliver novel scientific impact.
- Design and execute an innovative and meaningful research project focused on mRNA therapeutics in immune tolerance and autoimmunity
- Publish postdoctoral research in a peer-reviewed scientific journal
- Regularly generate new experimental data to guide, refine, and accomplish research objectives
- Document all laboratory work in a prompt, thorough, and compliant manner
- Work with stakeholders and internal departments to get things done in a timely and effective manner
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in immunology, cell biology, pharmacology, bioengineering, chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or similar field
- Proficiency in designing and performing cellular and molecular assays (flow cytometry, immunoassays, in vitro/ex vivo cell cultures, etc.), ideally of immune cell function
- Interest and ability to learn new experimental methods relevant to research project goals
- Self-motivated and open-minded to learn continuously; ability to think originally, creatively, proactively, and adaptively
- Ability to work independently and with teams in a positive and respectful manner
- Strong reasoning and problem-solving/analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in designing and performing in vitro and in vivo experiments to study autoimmunity and immune tolerance
- Proficiency in working with primary cells and tissues from mouse or human relevant to immune tolerance, including but not limited to lymphatic system, bone marrow, liver, disease-relevant tissue
- Experience working with RNA technologies such as: mRNA design and synthesis, formulation, materials science, drug delivery systems, nanoparticles, lipid nanoparticles, analytical methods
- Familiarity with bioconjugation techniques and analytical methods
- Ability to work in a BSL-2 laboratory with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times
- Animal (mouse) work
- Work in a business office environment
OTHER JOB DETAILS
Relocation support available
Must Have Work Authorization in US
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities