132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Postdoctoral Research Associate - Pediatrics
Postdoctoral Research Associate - Pediatrics
Our NIH-funded laboratory is seeking an energetic, highly motivated postdoctoral fellow in the field of cardiovascular research, focusing on gestational exposures to androgen and offspring cardiovascular outcomes utilizing a sheep model.
For more details about the lab, please visit vyaslab.wustl.edu . Information on being a postdoc at Washington University in St. Louis can be found at https://postdoc.wustl.edu/prospective-postdocs-2/ .
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts investigator-guided experiments. Manages their own project efficiently culminating in a first author publication. Troubleshoots technical difficulties by examining and analyzing the data, selecting corrective steps.
- Develops expertise in function and molecular cardiac studies and developmental programming models.
- Develops proficiency in career skills, including writing, public speaking, networking, and critical evaluation of scientific literature.
- Presents scientific work both inside and outside the University with excellent oral communication skills.
- Prepares and submits papers on research with excellent writing skills.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting.
- Executes laboratory protocols with high precision and accuracy
- Keeps laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Helps maintain laboratory in compliance with University policies (including IACUC and EHS).
- Keeps information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Works at both locations: the laboratory and the animal facility.
- Participates in new students/employee’s laboratory training.
- Collegial conduct towards co-trainees, staff members and members of the research group.
- Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent terminal or doctoral degree.
- Strong background in cardiovascular research including high-quality first-author publications.
- Experience with multi-omics approaches including RNA-seq and/or epigenetic studies.
- Analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data and to communicate data in a clear, concise manner.
- Computer literacy including the ability to use a variety of software packages to analyze data.
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Base pay is commensurate with experience.
Applicant Special Instructions
To apply, please email a cover letter, CV, and representative publications to Dr. Arpita Vyas at email@example.com .
If you are unable to use our online application system and would like an accommodation, please email CandidateQuestions@wustl.edu or call the dedicated accommodation inquiry number at 314-935-1149 and leave a voicemail with the nature of your request.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Benefits eligibility is subject to employment status, full-time equivalent (FTE) workload, and weekly standard hours. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University’s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities