132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Postdoctoral Fellows / Translational Research
Postdoctoral Fellows / Translational Research - (23000050)
Postdoctoral Fellow Positions for Translational Research in Sepsis, Trauma, and Immunology
Center for Shock, Trauma and Anesthesiology Research (STAR Center)
The R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center
University of Maryland School of Medicine
Salary and benefit are based on NIH stipend level guidelines and commensurate with experience.
The Shock, Trauma and Anesthesiology Research (STAR) Center at the University of Maryland, School of Medicine is a world-class, multi-disciplinary research and educational center focusing on critical care and organ support, resuscitation, surgical outcomes, patient safety and injury prevention. We are currently seeking post-doctoral fellows to work and train in our Translational Research Program to investigate the role of extracellular (ex) vesicles (EVs) and ex-microRNA-mediated innate immune signaling in sepsis, trauma, and cardiac injury. These highly translational projects are funded by NIGMS, NINDS, NHLBI, NSF, US Air Force, and involve both human subjects and rodent animals.
The interested candidates can review the recent publications: Wang et al. iScience 2021 (PMID: 34877498 ); Xu et al. J Immunol 2018 (PMID: 30355788 ); Chen et al. J Am Heart Assoc 2014 (PMID: 24390148 ); Williams et al. J Thromb Haemost 2019( PMID: 31211901 ) ; Zou et al. Brain Behav Immun 2021 (PMID: 34808293 );
Lopez, et al. Shock 2021 (PMID: 33394971 ); Huang et al. Am J Resp Mol Cell Biol 2022 (PMID:35679261 )
- Candidates with PhD and MD/PhD degree in molecular/cell biology, immunology or related field are encouraged to apply.
- The following experimental expertise are required:
- qRT-PCR, genotyping, Western blot
- Flow cytometry, cell isolation, cell culture
- Good written and oral communication skills and independent ability to design and execute experiments.
- Ability to skillfully multi-task, good organization and problem-solving skills, and ability to develop novel techniques.
- Candidates with additional expertise in EV characterization, animal handling, studies related to organ injury, and coagulopathy is preferred.
- Candidates with a strong track record of post-doctoral training in the above areas are encouraged to apply for the faculty position. Independent funding is not required but would be considered favorably.
What you will gain:
The Translational Research Program of the STAR Center will provide additional training on certain critical techniques, critical thinking and analytical ability to solve scientific questions, and grantsmanship at the senior stage. In addition, postdoc fellows will be offered ample opportunities to present research findings at local, national and international conferences, write manuscripts, and contribute to grant application to advance scientific and career growth.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send the following materials to Lin Zou, MD, PhD (email@example.com ) and Brittney Williams, MD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cover letter with a brief description of your research interest, career goal, and position of interest
- Contact information of three references
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for a disability, for any part of the recruitment process, please contact us at HRJobs@umaryland.edu and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
: Postdoctoral Fellows
: School of Medicine - Centers/Programs/ORCs
: Jan 26, 2023
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities