132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 5 New Jobs Today.
Research Assistant II - Cancer Biology (Kalluri Laboratory)
The Cancer Biology department has a long history of being a leader in the field of basic and translational cancer biology research. The department emphasizes the training of students, postdoctoral fellows and clinical fellows in the fundamentals of tumor biology to improve the outcomes of patients with malignancies.
The Kalluri Laboratory
The primary purpose of the Research Assistant II is to provide technical assistance in carrying out various research projects, perform protein expression and isolation procedures, molecular biological experiments and animal studies.
The position will provide technical support for laboratory- based cancer research. The role requires independent decision-making, judgment and high organizational skills. Weekend on-site presence may be required occasionally for specific experiments.
- Mouse colony maintenance and husbandry (Setting up genetic crosses, breeding and weaning).
- Efficiently maintain animal inventory records
- Mouse genotyping
- Monitoring health and welfare of animals
- Assisting and/or training other personnel in the laboratory.
- Maintains safety standards in the laboratory
Space and Records
- Maintains laboratory space and scientific records
- Records and analyzes data and communicates information
Data and Protocols
- Maintains accurate, detailed records and experimental data and protocols.
- Constructs, assembles and operates laboratory apparatus and equipment.
- organizing reagents and samples, and assistance with general laboratory duties including ordering lab reagents, consumables and receiving shipments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's degree with major course works in one of the basic sciences.
Preferred: Master's degree with major course works in one of the basic sciences.
Required: One year experience in scientific or experimental research work. No experience required with preferred degree.
Preferred: Must be willing to work with mice.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities