Full-Time Faculty - Educational Leadership
The mission of The University of Bridgeport is to promote academic excellence, personal responsibility, and commitment to service. Distinctive curricula in an international, culturally diverse supportive learning environment prepare graduates for life and leadership in an increasingly interconnected world.
Position Description Summary/Purpose:
Full-time faculty members at the University of Bridgeport are responsible for maintaining the highest academic standards in their discipline. Faculty advise students, develop and maintain curriculum, stay current in their disciplines, stay current with pedagogy and teaching methodology, participate in on and off-campus staff development activities, fulfill administrative responsibilities relevant to their positions, and participate in university and community service. Faculty in the Educational Leadership (092) Program teach and work with Sixth Year students pursuing their 092 Connecticut certification. This is a full-time non-tenure track 12 month contracted position.
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
At a minimum, the essential functions of faculty are to:
- Use the approved course syllabus format when creating course syllabi.
- Teach all classes according to an approved course syllabus.
- Ensure that each course contains essential curricular components, has appropriate content and pedagogy, and maintains currency.
- Ensure that assigned classes are held as scheduled and maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Assess student academic achievement and demonstrate modification of teaching techniques in accordance with assessment feedback and universal design of courses.
- Submit reports in an accurate and timely manner including attendance, grades and other related documentation.
- Attend department meetings and participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of program goals and curriculum review based on student learning outcomes.
- Review student data, professional standards, current research, and relevant program accreditation reports for program improvement.
- Initiate discussions and make recommendation concerning the improvement of teaching, curriculum, and processes related to improving student outcomes.
- Attend professional development activities to remain informed of current trends and new approaches to instruction in the discipline.
- Serve on and provide information to University committees as needed and requested.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion, and commitment that promotes student growth and learning.
- Assist with program specific CAEP accreditation reports.
- Serve as Chair and/or committee member on dissertation/thesis committees as needed.
- Advise students and monitor student program progress.
- Promote educational research and scholarship.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the University mission, vision, and values.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Conduct all work in a safe manner and ensure that all work safety practices are followed.
- Maintain licenses, certifications, and other professional credentials for the profession/position.
- Maintain professional relationships with the educational community and other relevant stakeholders.
- Perform similar or related work as required, directed or as the situation dictates.
- Continue professional development and training; keep current with trends.
- Assist other department staff as needed to promote a team effort.
Knowledge, Ability and Skill:
- Demonstrated commitment to developing and fostering best practices and policies to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and build an environment in which all members of the University community are treated with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrated skills in teaching in a traditional University classroom and on-line environments.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and interpret student learning outcome data to improve teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated ability with technology and scholarly writing.
- Demonstrated dedication to excellence in teaching and a commitment to high academic and professional standards.
- Demonstrated track record of positive teaching outcomes.
- Ability to monitor and advise candidates efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work collegially in a team environment.
- Ability to exercise individual initiative, independent action, and sound judgment.
- Ability to serve as a dissertation/thesis mentor or committee member.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education, Training and Experience:
- Doctoral degree in Educational Leadership or related field required.
- Hold a current professional certificate in Administration and Supervision (092) required and (093) certification preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working as a public school administrator in Connecticut.
- Knowledge of current research, pedagogy, trends, and practices in the field of Educational Leadership.
- A Superintendent of Schools certificate (093.)
- Building principal and Central or District Office experience.
- Experience with CAEP accreditation for advanced programs.
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401k employer match
- Employee & dependent life insurance
- Great tuition benefits for employee, spouse & dependents
- PTO program
- Flexible work schedules/work from home opportunities
(This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between The University of Bridgeport and employee. It is used as a guide for personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*