132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 13 New Jobs Today.
Instructor/Assistant Professor, Nutrition
The Department of Education and Family Studies invites qualified applicants to apply for a full-time, tenure track, 9-months per year faculty position beginning Fall 2023 (Ephraim Campus). The successful candidate will teach various undergraduate Nutrition and Food Science courses, plan, prepare, and follow an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course. He or she will prepare instructional materials such as syllabi, course outlines, audio/visual materials, and exams using the Canvas learning management system. He or she will also develop internship opportunities for students. He or she will be actively involved in maintaining positive and productive relationships with department members, other faculty, administration, advisors, and staff. Additionally, he or she will serve on Snow College committees and regularly attend and contribute to faculty improvement, department/division, and other campus meetings.
Providing quality general education (GE) courses is a promise that Snow College makes to each student. Snow College expects all faculty members to teach GE courses in their area of expertise and assist in developing and teaching a dynamic freshman foundation seminar. This seminar is an interdisciplinary course taught with a common theme by three academically diverse faculty members. These foundation courses reinforce the meaning and reason behind higher education, promote integrative thinking, and provide students with a pathway to becoming lifelong learners. We expect all applicants to share a topic or idea from their area of expertise that lends itself to a multifaceted, interdisciplinary foundations course.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, Family and Consumer Science or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum of twelve graduate semester hours in courses related to Nutrition or Food Science
- Teaching experience with various modes of delivery (video conferencing, online, face-to-face)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- A Ph.D. with emphasis in Nutrition, Dietetics, Food Science, or related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Post-secondary teaching experience
- Demonstrated experience with technology-based instruction (i.e., experience with Canvas, online, hybrid, and IVC instruction experience, etc.)
- Experience working “in the field” (i.e., professional experience in Dietetics, Nutrition or related career)
- Nutrition or Dietetics educational focus
- Provide classroom (face-to-face), hybrid, and online instruction in lower-division Nutrition and Food Science courses, as well as interdisciplinary (foundations) and IVC (i.e., ed net, broadcast, concurrent enrollment) courses.
- Teach a minimum load of five courses (15 credits) per semester (Spring and Fall).
- Regularly develop and evaluate teaching and learning curriculum
- Create internship opportunities and supervise internship students
- Be actively engaged in program recruitment and retention efforts
- Advise majors and potential majors
- Some same-day traveling may be necessary
- Serve on campus committees
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Chair, Dean, or Provost
- Help Facilitate Transfer programs
- Teach courses similar to: HFST 1020, 2020, 1300, 2120 and others as assigned.
Applications received by 11:59 PM on April 7, 2023, will be eligible for review by the hiring committee. Applications received after that date may not be reviewed by the hiring committee unless deemed appropriate by college administration.
Initial screening is based on the responses to the online submitted application, as well as your redacted resume, curriculum vitae (CV), or cover letter. Transcripts or any other submitted material will not be considered during initial screening.
Salary range for this position is $52,648-$55,390 per year for a basic 9-month schedule, with a possibility to earn additional overload compensation (current pay is $3,000 per overload course, with a maximum of 2 overload courses per spring, summer, and fall semesters when and if available), possible IVC differential compensation (depends on the number of external sites, when and if available), and platinum-level benefits (please click on the benefits tab to review our coveted benefits package). Future rank advancement opportunities are available for this position, with additional yearly compensation awarded upon successful rank advancements.
With campuses in both Ephraim and Richfield, Snow College offers programs and courses that are highly interactive and are designed to reach a broad spectrum of students: high school students desiring college courses, traditional on-campus students, technical education students, online students, non-traditional students who wish to start or complete a degree. Snow is committed to the success and positive experience of every one of these students.
Snow College is a two-year public college, and in January 2020, The Chronicle of Higher Education ranked Snow College #1 in the nation for student success in two-year colleges. Located in the heart of Utah, at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains, Snow College is one of the oldest comprehensive two-year college in the Western United States.
The College was established in 1888; excellence continues to be the hallmark of all our work and activities. We are the preferred choice of approximately 6,000 students, with 600 students attending the Richfield campus, who want a small College experience filled with a variety of many different activities, events, and performances. With campuses located in Ephraim, Richfield, and online, students complete degrees in Associate of Arts, Science, or Applied Science with numerous specialized, short-term technical training certificates and diplomas including a few Bachelor’s degrees. To learn more about Snow College, please visit our website or see our job brochure (Download PDF reader)
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities