132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Scientist - CAR Engineering and Screening Pipeline Development
- Job ID:
- 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215
- Research Laboratory
- Employment Type:
- Full time
- Work Location:
- Onsite: Full time on Campus
Pre-clinical group developing next generation CAR T cell and antibody immunotherapies for cancer is looking for an exceptionally motivated individual with past lab experience. The group takes projects from conception to transgene design /genetic engineering, through reduction to practice, in vitro and in vivo studies, and ultimately translation to the clinic. The position will require in vivo animal studies. It is expected that the candidate will take an active role leading the planning, advising, and data analysis of in vivo experiments in the group.
The Dana Farber Cancer Institute brings together world-renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allied in the common mission of conquering cancer. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to all patients; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, independent thinker with a tremendous work ethic. The position will require great planning and organizational skills. An ability to work well with others as part of a cohesive team, take initiative, and creatively problem solve are a must.
- Opportunities to design and perform experiments both individually and collaboratively.
- Analyze experimental data and interpret results to write reports and summaries of findings. Expected to participate in formal and information presentations of results.
- Participate in grant application process and manuscript preparation as required.
- Maintains detailed electronic notebook of all work-related activities.
- Expected to provide intellectual and interactive commitment to position by keeping up with appropriate literature and research publications.
- Responsible for the development, modification and improvement of standard operating procedures.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments and may coordinate activities of other staff.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses technical concepts and Institute objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Coordinate activities of other staff.
Only applicants that submit a cover letter, detailed CV and contact info for three references will be considered. Faculty Director: Eric Smith, MD PhD (https://ericsmithlab.dana-farber.org/).
- PhD or equivalent. Masters with substantial experience will be considered.
- Prior in vivo mouse experience strongly preferred.
- We are seeking at least two years of availability.
- Exceptionally self-motivated.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be able to work with a wide variety of faculty and staff.
- Outstanding organization; and is detail oriented.
- Outstanding planning, multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Moderate lab skills with a high level of proficiency.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities