Apply now Job no: 500605
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, College of Engineering
The Sales Laboratory is seeking outstanding candidates for multiple open postdoctoral positions. Special consideration is taken for candidates with a multidisciplinary background, specifically in microbial sciences and nature-inspired materials engineering. The candidates will work with the Sales Laboratory and in strong collaboration with other professors and research groups at Drexel University, including the Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Sciences (CAEE), Material Sciences and Engineering (MSE), and Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics (MEM), as well as at other academic institutions and government agencies involved in the project. More information about the Sales Laboratory can be found at: https://microbes.cae.drexel.edu.
- Engineering microbial systems for restoring aged and damaged concrete materials. Specifically, contributing to the development of bacterial-fungal processes for vascularization, crack-healing, and corrosion mitigation strategies in concrete.
- Working in a fast-paced interdisciplinary research environment.
- PhD or Doctorate in Microbiology, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related field or Equivalent
- Demonstrated research expertise in applied microbiology and/or genetic engineering of bacteria/fungi.
- Research and/or academic background in microbial biochemistry, mycology, and bacteriology.
- Research experience in genetic engineering of bacteria and/or fungi.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Highly motivated and interested in interdisciplinary research.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research group.
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
Philadelphia – University City
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of J. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Please review the Benefits Brochure for some information on our benefits offerings.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please provide a detailed CV, including the contact information for three references in support of your application. Additionally, please provide a cover letter (2-page limit) explaining any relevant scientific and research background and your interest in this role.
Recruitment will remain open until all positions are filled. Inquiries regarding this opportunity may be sent to Professor Christopher Sales:
Professor Christopher Sales
Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering
3141 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA, 19104
Advertised: Mar 22 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 22 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities