132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Staff Research Associate I/II - MRI Imaging Data
The Henry Lab is looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and organized Staff Research Associate to assist in our goals and work on MRI data as part of ongoing studies in Multiple Sclerosis. The SRA will have the opportunity to work closely with imaging scientists and engineers, as well as Neuroradiologists and Neurologists. The focus of the work will be on analyzing, and integrating advanced MRI imaging data on patients with Multiple Sclerosis as well as control volunteers.
This job is for processing MRI data including the use of automated scripted pipelines and manual corrections on a computer. This data is used in research studies, specifically for Multiple Sclerosis research, and is routinely processed for that purpose. Also included will be the compilation of datasets for a specific study in order to present results at a scientific conference. Generally, the role will be supportive in providing data to ongoing and future studies using quantitative MRI metrics, with potential for presenting work at conferences.
An interest or proficiency in scientific programming (Python and Unix shell scripting) and Excel, or experience in performing image processing, would be helpful.
To see the salary range for this position (we recommend that you make a note of the job code and use that to look up):TCS Non-Academic Titles Search (ucop.edu)
Please note: The compensation ranges listed online for roles not covered by a bargaining unit agreement are very wide, however a job offer will typically fall in the range of 80% - 120% of the established mid-point. An offer will take into consideration the experience of the final candidate AND the current salary level of individuals working at UCSF in a similar role.
For roles covered by a bargaining unit agreement, there will be specific rules about where a new hire would be placed on the range.
To learn more about the benefits of working at UCSF, including total compensation, please visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
Throughout the Department of Neurology at UCSF, our mission is to deliver superb patient care, to apply state-of-the-art translational research methods to discover the causes of and treatments for human nervous system disorders, and to educate each generation of medical students, neurology residents and postdoctoral fellows. By fostering cross-disciplinary interactions among scientists around the world, we accelerate the pace of discovery and champion the University's global health initiatives.
- SRA I :BA/BS in a related science and knowledge of, or experience with, the basic techniques or methods required by the position; and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SRA II :BA/BS in a related science and one or more years of recent, directly related work experience, utilizing the techniques or methods required by the position; and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Excellent computer skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated record of reliability & excellent attendance; must have a proven record of successfully working independently with little direction
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines; must be a self-starter and proactive in work habits, and able to work independently under tight deadlines
- Excellent ability for initiative and teamwork in contributing to study objectives that often involve many moving parts and cross-functional flexibility
- Ability to work well with others, and follow-through on projects to completion
- Some work experience utilizing techniques/methods required by the position and demonstrating technical expertise in these areas
- Exposure to biomedical engineering and medical imaging research
- Knowledge of medical image processing
- Scientific programming experience
- Experience with Python and Unix shell scripting
- Excellent skills with Macintosh, Unix/Linux, Excel
- Scientific computation involving basic statistics
- Computational modeling experience
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
009613 SRA 1
Research and Scientific
University Professional Technical Employees – Research Support Professionals Unit (UPTE-RX)
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities