132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
<!--anchor--> <!--anchor--> Postdoctoral Fellow, Antibody Engineering, Agard Lab <!--anchor-->
We are seeking a talented Postdoctoral Fellow to join the Agard Lab within the Department of Antibody Engineering at Genentech. The lab develops novel antibody technologies to define therapeutic targets and modify their activities. We focus on using multivalent and multispecific antibodies to impact biological processes not addressable with traditional IgGs. We are particularly interested in the regulation of post-translational modifications including therapeutic agonism and avidity-driven signaling and degradation. The fellow will reside within the department of Antibody Engineering and have access to scientists within the department and throughout Genentech’s organization, including our thriving postdoc community.
For more information on Nicholas Agard’s lab please visit: https://gene.com/scientists/our-scientists/nicholas-agard
- Qualified candidates must have a PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemical Biology, or a related discipline prior to beginning employment. Prior experience with antibodies is not required.
- You need to be highly motivated and able to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary and collaborative research environment.
- Strong evidence of scientific productivity including at least one first-author paper published or accepted in a peer-review publication.
- Practical experience with protein engineering, biochemistry, cell culture and enzymology are a plus but not required for success.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills are highly desirable.
For information about the Postdoctoral Program at Genentech, please go to:
The expected salary range for this position based on the primary location of California is $64,800 and $120,300. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law. This position also qualifies for the benefits detailed at the link provided below.
Relocation benefits are available for this job posting.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities