132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Director of Respiratory Therapy
Working TitleDirector of Respiratory Therapy
Position StatusFull Time
DepartmentSchool of Health Sciences
The Director of Respiratory Therapy is responsible and accountable for overall program leadership, development, direction, program planning, implementation and evaluation and administration of the nursing education program(s). Ensures the program stays in compliance with all laws and regulations of the Board and, Accrediting Body of the program, and the accrediting body of the governing institution. Oversees all student recruitment and selection processes. Maintains records for the program. Maintains all reporting data for the program.
Specific Position Duties
1. Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the teaching field, board polices and accreditation expectations
2. Plan, manage and evaluate all aspects of the program
3. Develop, implement and oversee the program budget
4. Manage and evaluate all program faculty and staff
5. Responsible for developing policies and procedures for the Respiratory Therapy program
6. Oversees faculty, staff and coordinators
7. Effectively manages the routine, day-to-day operations of the department, as delegated by the Dean
8. Submits all required reports and data in a timely manner to the Dean, and all approval and accrediting bodes
9. Maintains effective relationships with professional counterparts throughout the college and the community
10. Maintains up to date knowledge related to student advisement on degree plans and degree applications in order to comply with completion requirements
11. Manges recruiting, marketing and outreach
12. Actively participates in college functions and events, engages in community service
13. Ensure compliance with instruction practices
14. Manage all day to day operations of the program
15. Lead and oversee evaluations of faculty
16. Support faculty in core program outcome documentation and assist in assessment
17. Oversee curricular development and changes in collaboration with the faculty
18. attend meetings as scheduled
19. Attend all completion ceremonies for Odessa college and nursing programs
20. Perform other duties as reasonably requested
21. Direct the schedule builds for the program
22. Initial signature forms (leave, incompletes, student schedule changes, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science in a healthcare related field of study. Masters or Doctorate preferred.
- Possess a valid Texas Respiratory Care Practitioner License (active and current).
- Registered Respiratory Therapist credential (active and current).
- Familiarity with planning, assessment, and evaluation process.
- Curriculum Development experience.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist with at least two (2) years in clinical respiratory care.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience teaching either as an appointed faculty member in a CoARC-accredited respiratory care program or as a clinical instructor/preceptor for students of such programs.
- Complete the CoARC Key Personnel Training Program.
- Additional advanced-level professional credential(s) preferred.
Job Open Date03/28/2023
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.odessa.edu/postings/9253
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities