132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Part-time Faculty (Graduate)
Columbus State University is inviting applications for part-time faculty pool positions in Higher Education Administration. Application submission to the part time faculty pool is open to qualified and competent experts, who possess skills, education, and experience in academic and/or professional areas.
Applications for part-time faculty positions will be held in applicant pools, which, based on student enrollment, will be consulted when searching for candidates to fill the position on a semester by semester basis.
Part-time faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. Assignments may include a combination of day, evening, weekend, and/or online classes, depending on need.
- Prepare for class starts by ensuring assigned sections are free from error, all due dates are set appropriately, digital materials are accessible, and course(s) is paired correctly with any 3rd party tools.
- Follow approved syllabi and curriculum/course outline as provided by the College.
- Keep informed of current standards related to instructional area.
- Teach assigned course(s).
- Present material in an engaging and positive fashion.
- Maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Respond to student communication and provide constructive and robust feedback in a timely manner based on rubrics provided.
- Support student success.
- Evaluate student progress.
- Reach out to students who are struggling or are high-risk.
- Supplement student material when needed.
- Refer students to appropriate college sources for information on counseling and other student services.
- Maintain student records and grades.
- Post grades within the prescribed deadlines.
- Adhere to and meet all established university and accreditation (SACSCOC) instructional policies, guidelines and standards.
Master's degree in the field of study or a related discipline from an accredited institution and experience utilizing instructional technologies, including computers, internet resources and other appropriate media in instruction.
- Doctorate degree in the field of study or a related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Teaching experience at the higher educational level strongly preferred.
- Experience utilizing instructional technologies, including computers, internet resources and other appropriate media in instruction.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae w/references
- Unofficial Transcripts
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of teaching methodologies/pedagogical strategies.
- Ability to provide instruction in a variety of formats (on ground, online, or hybrid).
- Familiarity with learning management systems.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others.
- Demonstrated student-centered orientation and ability to effectively work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, physical ability, and ethnic backgrounds.
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 706-507-8920, or e-mail to email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
A successful criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment.
Applicant submission to this position is open to qualified and competent experts who posses skills, education, and experience in academic and/or professional areas.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Columbus State University is committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a sense of belongingness for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Columbus State University to recruit, hire, train, promote, and educate persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities