132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 10 New Jobs Today.
Adjunct Professor - UWLA School of Business
The Adjunct Professor will be responsible for teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses in their business area of expertise, both in online and hybrid formats. The successful candidate will have a passion for teaching and will be committed to providing an excellent learning experience for students. Professors should infuse practical experience into curriculum and have a comfort level teaching students of all demographics.
Reports To: Dean, UWLA School of Business
Location: Online program (no required location); Hybrid Program (Los Angeles area)
· Deliver lectures, conduct discussions, and facilitate learning activities in a clear and engaging manner for both online and hybrid programs.
· Create and maintain a syllabus for each course, which includes course objectives, requirements, and evaluation methods.
· Grade assignments and assessments, provide constructive feedback to students, and maintain accurate records of student progress.
· Maintain availability to students, including timely responses to emails, participating in online discussion boards, and holding office hours for in-person or virtual student consultations.
· Stay up-to-date on advances in their field of expertise and adapt course materials as necessary to ensure relevance to the industry and meet the needs of the students.
· Attend faculty meetings and participate in curriculum development and assessment activities.
** Hybrid program includes Weekend Intensive track. Professors with interest and experience teaching weekend intensive should note that in resume/cover letter.
· A minimum of Bachelor’s degree and experience in the field or related area of study (for undergraduate courses) or a Master's/Ph.D. (for graduate courses) is required.
· Previous teaching experience at the undergraduate or graduate level is preferred, but not required.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver effective and engaging lectures.
· Experience with online teaching platforms and hybrid instruction is highly desired.
· A passion for teaching and a commitment to student success.
This position may require working evenings and weekends to accommodate the schedules of both in-person and online students. The position will primarily be remote, but hybrid professors will require some in-person attendance for meetings or other activities.
University of West Los Angeles Mission Statement:
University of West Los Angeles is a family.
Our culture of diversity creates a unique equitable educational empowerment environment. We provide opportunities for resilient learners to become servant leaders in their communities.
Please visit our website at www.uwla.edu for more UWLA information.
Equal Opportunity Disclosure:
The University of West Los Angeles actively encourages qualified minorities, women, and persons with a disability to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodation will be provided to individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment process and (b) perform essential job functions when this does not cause undue hardship. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $1,320.00 - $2,640.00 per month
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Inglewood, CA 90301: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Web design: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Inglewood, CA 90301
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities