Director of Professional Success
The Director of Professional Success will facilitate Brock School of Business academic internships and guide professional preparation and planning strategies for its students.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the Brock School of Business Academic Internship program for pre-professional business experience.
- Counsels students with guidance and information regarding career planning strategies including goal setting, job searching, and graduate school application.
- Develops and builds partnerships and internship opportunities locally and regionally for students.
- Works with students over their Brock School of Business tenure relative to academic exploration, self-discovery, career information, interview preparedness, and job searching.
- Engages employers in a collaborative recruitment program for internships and full-time positions.
- Develops and oversees the Professional Development course and its associated events throughout each academic term.
- Connects with all business school students approaching graduation to determine post-graduation plans and establish goals.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years' previous work experience in management, recruiting, training, counseling, or higher education.
- Ability to establish and create strong partnerships for internship and first-job placement.
- Ability to work with higher education students to explore the alignment of vocational interests with academic pursuits.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to research and develop knowledge of career planning trends, markets and issues.
- Current knowledge of the job market, business relations, and area companies.
- Demonstrated support for the Christian Mission of Samford.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities