132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 42 New Jobs Today.
Lecturer in Marketing
Title: Lecturer in Marketing
Position Number: Pending
Hiring Unit: Shidler College of Business, Department of Marketing
Location: Manoa Campus
Date Posted: April 11, 2023
Closing Date: Continuous
Salary Information: Commensurate with education and experience. Minimum salary is $1733.00/credit hour
Other Conditions: For placement in lecturer pool for Fall 2023 and future semesters, day and/or evening courses, including Outreach extension and summer courses. Contingent upon registration, position availability, course offerings, departmental need, and funding. Lecturer positions are part-time, non-tenure. Lecturers are required to reside in and teach from Hawaii. For information about the program, visit
Duties and Responsibilities
To teach one or more courses within a range of topics including:
- BUS 200 – Introduction to Business
- BUS 209 – Written Communication in Business
- BUS 312 – Principles of Marketing
- MKT 352 – Sales and Sales Management
- MKT 362 – Digital Marketing
- MKT 391 – Marketing Strategies
Responsible for conducting all scheduled classes; meeting course requirements as established by the department/program, preparing course syllabus, grading, maintaining weekly office hours and being accessible to students.
- Masters in marketing or related field.
- Proven ability to teach at the college/university level.
1. PhD degree in Marketing or related field
2. Private or nonprofit sector work experience in the marketing area.
3. Teaching experience in English writing and/or general business or other topics listed under teaching duties and responsibilities.
4. Evidence of teaching ability in one or more of the areas listed under teaching duties and responsibilities.
Click on the button on the top right corner of the screen to complete an application and attach the required documents. Applicants must submit the following:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Cover letter indicating how you satisfy the minimum and desirable qualification;
- Names and contact information (telephone number and email addresses) of 3 professional references;
- Copies of educational transcripts with confidential information redacted.
Inquiries: Dr. Dana Alden, email@example.com
EEO/AA, Clery Act, ADA
The University of Hawai'i is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran. For more information or inquiries regarding these policies, please refer to the following link: http://www.hawaii.edu/offices/eeo/eeo-coordinators/
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawai'i may be viewed at: https://www.hawaii.edu/titleix/help/campus-security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
Accommodation Request: The University of Hawai'i complies with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the EEO coordinator directly. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. For further information, please refer to the following link: https://www.hawaii.edu/offices/eeo/accommodation-request/
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities