132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 42 New Jobs Today.
The Senior Data Scientist will assist the core director by leading the management and interaction with PIs in details of techniques and implementation of daily tasks. This position will hire, train, and supervise core staff to provide expert computational and data analytics services. In addition to managing the core projects and resources to generate high quality deliverables, this position will also provide training opportunities for students, staff, and faculty interested in developing bioinformatics and biomedical data science skills and learning more about the services provided
What you will be doing:
- Meet with principal investigators to initiate projects, assist with writing grant applications, personally carry out bioinformatics analysis and/or assign bioinformatician/data science teams to carry out such analyses, and develop methodology plans.
- Manage progress and update clients on progress in a timely manner. Evaluate, identify, and budget for computational resources needed for core projects. Provide supporting materials to investigators, such as quotes and materials and methods for manuscripts and grant applications.
- Supervise core staff. Integrate and train team members, as needed, to follow best practices to develop high quality data analysis standards and pipelines. Lead the core to contribute to research proposals and create high quality deliverables for project reports and publications.
- Personally perform bioinformatics analyses for core projects and generate reports for clients as needed. Develop analysis pipelines and document methods.
- Explore and employ academic informatics software or platforms for data analysis and management. Generate general strategies for high performance computation and procure requisite equipment.
- Develop bioinformatics education and training opportunities to assist cancer center members in their utilization of core services.
- Perform core business analyses on an annual basis, and report to the core advisory committee.
- Assist Shared Resources Program Manager and Administration in activities relating to the Core such as Business Development including billing and invoicing in iLab, collecting user metrics (identifying projects, PI, and funding source), and tracking user publications (including in preparation) and confirm appropriate authorship and/or acknowledgments on a monthly basis.
- Specific duties to include management of incoming and ongoing requests for Bioinformatics support from the CSMC Research Community, generate quotes, SOW, and letters of support for core users to support grant submissions, tracking grant proposals status.
- Aid in preparing presentations for Quarterly leadership, and User Advisory Committee meetings, perform quarterly maintenance and updates to core webpage, and create core progress reports.
- Additional duties will include assisting the Director in setting and reviewing Core budgetary needs.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefits package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of care we strive for.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or other computational or biomedical domains required.
Completion of postdoctoral appointment in area of specialization, as applicable. Knowledge of PI’s area of research specialization. Demonstrated technical competency in a variety of research techniques and protocols
- 7 to 12 years of experience working in bioinformatics/biomedical data science and high-throughput genomics technologies, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience with architecture and tools for managing large-scale omics data and analyzing next generation sequencing data.
- Experience working with informatics systems including ontologies and knowledge bases.
- Good record of publications
- Expertise in molecular/cellular biology, genetics and genomics research, next generation sequencing methodology and applications, and analysis
- Mastery of complex or unusual technical procedures and protocols with experience with independent troubleshooting
- Experience in a team lead role projecting managing and executing projects
- Advanced skills in a high-level programming language, preferably Python, R, Perl, and/or Java.
- Good understanding of high-performance computational resources.
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
Cedars-Sinai is a nonprofit academic healthcare organization serving the diverse Los Angeles community and beyond. We are one of the leading institutes for competitive research funding from the National Institutes of Health. As an international leader in biomedical research, we translate discoveries into successful treatments with global impact. Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research with discoveries occurring in 26 departments and institutes that encompass the full spectrum of medicine.
Home Dept - Hem - Onc
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
8 hour shift
$66,600.00 - $133,100.00
Cedars-Sinai is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu) and COVID-19. For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through April each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment, subject to medical exemption or religious accommodation. For the same reason, you may also be required to receive other vaccines such as COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Cedars-Sinai reserves the right to make modifications to its required list of vaccines as required by law and/or policy.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities