132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions. 42 New Jobs Today.
Innovation Postdoctoral Fellowship, Inflammation Hub
1 Purpose - to reimagine medicine!
Are you a talented and passionate early-career scientist whose goal is to make innovative medicines? The Novartis Innovation Postdoctoral Fellowship offers aspiring drug hunters a unique opportunity to join our teams at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR), the innovation engine of Novartis. Mentored by experienced NIBR scientists, Innovation Fellows will gain first-hand experience in the design and development of breakthrough therapies and innovative technologies.
We are looking for Innovation Fellows who will harness their scientific creativity and natural curiosity to help discover ground-breaking treatments and bring them to patients. We are recruiting 3 new Innovation Fellows who, together with their mentors, will form a Hub to explore inflammatory diseases at our Cambridge, MA campus. Inflammation is a key driver of multiple chronic illnesses but tractable targets for treating inflammation are limited. The goal of this hub is to use a multidisciplinary approach that combines in-house expertise in human iPSCs, human genetics, data science, high throughput screening, and disease models to impact existing drug discovery efforts as well as to create new drug discovery efforts. Fellows will have access to innovative research infrastructure and an extensive global network of scientists across a wide range of subject areas. This collaborative effort will contribute to new therapies for inflammation centric diseases, including neuroinflammation related brain disorders and immuno-oncology. Join us as we reimagine medicine together.
* Program duration: 2-3 years
* Mentorship & access to technology: Innovation Fellows will drive a multi-year research project under the mentorship of distinguished NIBR scientists and have access to NIBR innovative technology platforms to achieve their research goals
* Curriculum: at the start of their Fellowship, Innovation Fellows will attend a comprehensive training series (boot camp), including dedicated courses covering the fundamentals of drug discovery and development. They will participate to our Science & Business pillars of drug hunting sessions during their first 2 years, as well as several professional development seminars.
* Rotation option: toward the end of their Fellowship, Innovation Fellows will have the opportunity to choose a short-term rotation in either a scientific or business-related subject area to broaden their exposure and skills
* Fireside chats with local leading scientists and entrepreneurs
* Community: Innovation Fellows will join our vibrant postdoctoral community for dedicated events, including the monthly postdoctoral seminars and our annual Research Day Symposium
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You'll Bring to the Role:
* Early-career scientists (MD and/or PhD), with terminal degree received within the last 3 years (students graduating in the next 5 months are eligible to apply)
* Eager to translating scientific discoveries into medicines that improve human health
* Broad range of scientific and technical subject areas welcome (cell and developmental biology, chemical biology, genetics and more)
* Prior experience in cell culture, human stem cell culture, molecular biology techniques, biochemistry or inflammation biology will be a plus.
* Strong publication record or other scientific achievements (i.e. awards, patents)
* Entrepreneurial attitude and boundless curiosity
Please submit your CV and cover letter by June 21, 2023 for consideration. Include a paragraph describing a potential angle within the Hub theme for which you believe you could make an impact. All applications will be evaluated by a review team comprised of NIBR subject area experts, including Hub mentors. Candidates selected as finalists will be invited for an all-day virtual interview in July 2023. New Innovation Fellows are expected to start in the Fall of 2023 at our Cambridge, MA site. #PDX
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] .
Why Consider Novartis?
766 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2021. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how will we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore. Where you’re empowered to take smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
The pay rate for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be $70,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities