Artificial Intelligence (AI) Project Leader
Are you passionate about leading teams building solutions for our greatest national security challenges?
Are you searching for engaging work with an employer that prioritizes impact, innovation, and personal development?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our leadership team in the Information Sciences Branch of the Asymmetric Operations Sector!
We are seeking a project leader to help us build innovative solutions for challenges in national defense and healthcare. Our branch is currently making critical contributions in the fight against online misinformation, developing the first truly autonomous UAV, and in the public health response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our Covid 19 work has been recognized by Time Magazine as one of the "Best Inventions of 2020" and our team was named Fast Company's 2021 Innovative Team of the Year. We are looking for a project and technical leader to guide teams of engineers and software developers prototyping and operationalizing state of the art AI solutions.†
As an AI Project Leader:
- You will build and lead strong teams with APL scientists and engineers to develop and deliver effective AI and data science solutions to civilian and military sponsors†
- You will lead the development of new research proposals to pursue high-risk, high-reward ideas and transition successes to real world impact†
- You will combine your technical expertise and leadership experience to mentor and grow team members into future leaders
- You will build partnerships with scientists and engineers across APL, the other divisions of JHU, and the wider research community
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a Bachelorís degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Have at least 3 years of project leadership experience in DoD-, Cyber, or National Health-based AI, Machine Learning or Data Science settings
- Have project management experience from concept development through execution and close out of large-scale R & D initiatives†
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong analytical and organizational skills
- Are able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Are willing and able to travel to customer sites as needed.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Masterís degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related technical field, with emphasis on data science or applied math
- At least 8 years of software development and engineering experience
- Have prior experience with large government research and development programs across multiple military and civilian government agencies
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nationís most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APLís campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at†http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyoneís voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities