Postdoctoral Research Associate - Pediatric Nephrology
Our NIH-funded laboratory in the Department of Pediatrics is seeking an energetic, highly-motivated postdoctoral research associate to examine treatment pathways for the heart dysfunction, vascular calcification, and adynamic bone disorder associated with chronic kidney disease. Our group is amicable and supportive, and the research environment is outstanding. Techniques in the lab include protein (ELISA, immunoblot) and nucleic acid (PCR, quantitative PCR, RNAseq) analysis, histology with immunohistochemistry, microscopy (fluorescence-based, MicroCT, electron microscopy), cell culture, tissue respirometry, animal procedures, and data processing with quantitative analysis.
Information on being a postdoc at Washington University in St. Louis can be found at https://postdoc.wustl.edu/prospective-postdocs-2/ .
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs and conducts biomedical research experiments, including standard laboratory and molecular biology techniques, and work with animal models.
- Independently evaluates own research findings and communicates these to the laboratory team, PI, and collaborators.
- Prepares and delivers oral research presentations.
- Prepares and submits research manuscripts to appropriate biomedical journals.
- Promotes collegial interaction and open communication with other members of the lab.
- Provides guidance to graduate students and other junior trainees regarding their experiments and data interpretation.
- Maintains conformity with ethical standards in research, including rules governing human subjects research and animal care and use.
- Maintains compliance with good laboratory practice, including the maintenance of adequate digital research records.
- Adheres to all applicable University policies, procedures and regulations.
Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent terminal or doctoral degree.
- Demonstrated ability to implement laboratory procedures, design and conduct research, accurately and completely record findings, communicate results in oral and written forms, and generate manuscripts for publication.
- Experience in techniques used in the laboratory a plus. High level proficiency with Microsoft Office and additional software experience (e.g., SPSS, imaging software, ImageJ, Photoshop) is desirable.
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Base pay is commensurate with experience.
Applicant Special Instructions
Interested candidates should send a cover letter/email, CV, and 3 references to Keith Hruska, email@example.com .
If you are unable to use our online application system and would like an accommodation, please email CandidateQuestions@wustl.edu or call the dedicated accommodation inquiry number at 314-935-1149 and leave a voicemail with the nature of your request.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Benefits eligibility is subject to employment status, full-time equivalent (FTE) workload, and weekly standard hours. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University’s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*
PhD Jobs in Popular Cities