132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Adjunct Faculty (SGS), Art and Design, 2020
The Art + Design department at Salem State University seeks candidates to teach the following courses: Spring 2020 (ART232-Prehistoric, Ancient and Medieval Art); Fall 2020 (ART232-Prehistoric, Ancient and Medieval Art, ART233-Renaissance, Baroque and Rococo Art, and ART336-Women, Art and Ideology); and Future semesters (ART333A-Asian Art, ART342-Pre-Columbian Art of Mesoamerica and the Andes, and ART402-Topics in Renaissance Art).
Work collaboratively with faculty, in a school with future-directed leadership and a collective focus on academic excellence, success of our students and faculty development.
This posting will be valid for three years to build a sufficient adjunct pool.
- Master's degree�in the history of art or a closely related field
- Teaching experience
- Commitment to inclusive and interactive teaching practices for a diverse student body, many of whom are first generation college students
- PhD or ABD in the History of Art or closely related field
- College-level teaching experience
- Experience teaching students from diverse backgrounds, many of whom are first generation college students
Salem State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Please apply online and attach curriculum vitae, cover letter, and (unofficial) transcripts.
- Adjunct positions are temporary for one semester only, with a possibility for re-hire. All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. Adjunct positions are not eligible for H1B Visa sponsorship
- Pre-Employment Background check will be conducted for all selected applicants
- Application review will begin immediately and continue until an adequate pool is developed
Salem State University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Persons of color, women and persons with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*