132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Human Resources Analyst (generalist)
Take on an important role in a world-class health organization, and use your expertise to ensure HR compliance, and provide HR guidance and support. Take your professional expertise to the next level. You can do all this and more at UCLA Health. This is a great opportunity to join an award winning team for Best Employers For Diversity, Best Employers For Women, America’s Most Loved Workplaces, and America’s Best In State Employers California! In this role, you will get to work with our UCLA Neurobiology and Computational Medicine departments. You will provide important support to our vital work as you offer guidance on policies and procedures, and support and oversight on matters related to Human Resources. This position is hybrid and requires on-site work 2-days per week. The HR Analyst:
- Prepares, updates, processes and reviews Staff and Academic Personnel payroll for the Departments of Neurobiology and Computational Medicine; process personnel and payroll transactions for career, contract, limited, work-study student, postdoc and non-compensation plan academic employees.
- Prepares, processes, enters, and reviews all pertinent paperwork for new hires, rehires, and separations; independently prepares HBS and UC Path system updates, and new hire and separation materials.
- Serve as Benefits Representatives for employees in the Department; counsel and assist employees and new hires/rehires regarding enrollment eligibility. Enter UC Path benefit transactions for employees as needed, review all pertinent paperwork for benefit actions, and respond to inquiries regarding benefits.
- Work with the department fund managers on funding information for employees.
- Coordinates processing of visas for staff, postdoctoral fellow, faculty, and visiting scholars.
- Ensure HR compliance for the department and perform other HR related duties as needed. UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro
Los Angeles as well as the David Geffen School of Medicine. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, you can at UCLA Health.
Salary range: $28.78 – $59.34 Hourly
- JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Human Resources experience with UC staff and academic personnel, benefits, payroll, and policies/procedures.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work within assigned areas of responsibility to ensure deadlines are met.
- Experience using the UC Path system to process pay and personnel (new hires, rehires, separations, etc.).
- Proficient skills with word processing, PowerPoint, Excel, HBS, Access, data entry/typing, math, and 10-key.
- Familiarity with the academic review (dossier) process and with immigration (visa) policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. * Ability to handle stressful circumstances calmly, effectively, and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships and partnerships.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*