Research Study Coordinator
Neurology-Memory and Aging Center
Under the supervision of a Clinical Research Supervisor or Principal Investigator (PI), the Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator (A-CRC) will perform entry-level duties related to the support and coordination of clinical studies, and may receive training and development to prepare and advance for journey-level work at the next level within the series.
The A-CRC may be responsible for the coordination of one or more single or multi-site, active or follow-up clinical trials and may help design flow sheets, data forms and source documents; gather and interpret medical, surgical and laboratory data regarding clinical trial subjects; may apply understanding of inclusion/exclusion eligibility criteria for protocols; help recruit, enroll, register, schedule and retain study subjects; record protocol specific treatments and assure collection and shipment of samples; assist research personnel to keep patients on study schedules; complete study forms to submit to sponsors and/or appropriate agencies; collect, enter and clean data into study databases, maintaining data quality; assist with data analysis; assist with preparation of reports and tables; attend team meetings; and perform other duties as assigned.
To see the salary range for this position (we recommend that you make a note of the job code and use that to look up):TCS Non-Academic Titles Search (ucop.edu)
Please note: The compensation ranges listed online for roles not covered by a bargaining unit agreement are very wide, however a job offer will typically fall in the range of 80% - 120% of the established mid-point. An offer will take into consideration the experience of the final candidate AND the current salary level of individuals working at UCSF in a similar role.
For roles covered by a bargaining unit agreement, there will be specific rules about where a new hire would be placed on the range.
To learn more about the benefits of working at UCSF, including total compensation, please visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
The UCSF Memory and Aging Center (MAC) is a dynamic multidisciplinary clinical and translational research program investigating neurodegenerative diseases. Our research focuses on understanding the best predictive factors and earliest causative changes in neurodegenerative disorders.
MAC (https://memory.ucsf.edu/) is located at the Mission Bay campus in San Francisco, CA. The MAC has over 300 employees and is the largest center in the United States focused on the study of neurodegenerative diseases. Our center includes a multidisciplinary team of neurologists, neuroscientists, neuropsychologists, postdoctoral fellows, nurses and research coordinators who form a rich and highly collaborative learning environment for trainees. The current National Institutes of Health (NIH) rankings show that UCSF Neurology is ranked #1 nationally among departments of neurology at US medical schools (https://neurology.ucsf.edu/fast-facts).
- HS graduation and sufficient experience, and demonstrated skills to successfully perform the assigned duties and responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills; excellent organizational skills; and excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively in a diverse team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Windows
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-based environment; project management and coordination skills; ability to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines on concurrent projects.
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with patients, co-workers, & physicians.
- Experience writing scientific correspondence
- Ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and a record of exceptional performance meeting multiple deadlines for concurrent projects
- BA/BS in neuroscience or a related science and sufficient experience and demonstrated skills to successfully perform the assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with medical terminology.
- Experience working with elderly patients or study subjects with neurodegenerative diseases
- Ability to abstract data from medical records and transfer it to data collection forms or directly into databases.
- Experience performing statistical analysis
- Experiences preparing IRB submissions and helping with grant/manuscript preparation
- Experience analyzing data using Matlab and other statistical software
- MRI brain imaging experience
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
009336 CLIN RSCH CRD AST
Research and Scientific
University Professional Technical Employees – Research Support Professionals Unit (UPTE-RX)
Additional Shift Details
Monday – Friday; 8AM – 5PM
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*