132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Program Director - Residential Mental Health (JBCC)
Program Director (Full-time, Salaried)
Program: Central Office (Central SD)
Region: Central San Diego
Services: Crisis (PERT, START)
Are you passionate about making a difference in your community? Are you excited about creating a collaborative, supportive work environment for your team of dedicated mental health professionals? The START service line program has an opening for a Program Director at Jary Barreto Crisis Center. The team includes mental health clinicians and counselors, a nursing team, substance abuse specialists, and peers, all working in a home-like environment to help people change their lives for the better.
Hours: This is a salaried position. This position will require 24-hour availability for consultation purposes or to assist with coverage at the program.
Salary: $118,450 per year
Education: Masters degree or Doctoral degree in a mental health-related field required
Licensure: License or license-eligible in California as a Psychologist, Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Licensed Professional Counselor Required
As a Program Director, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the assigned program, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Management and supervision of: service delivery and client care; contract compliance according to County, State, and CARF regulations; budget monitoring; employees and consultants; staff training and development; and quality control and safety procedures.
- Overseeing all admissions and service delivery to clients in the program.
- Creating and maintaining a collaborative and consultative culture within the program.
- Leading all staff to include full personnel management functions, including interview/hiring, training, payroll/timesheet processing, development, evaluations, and performance counseling
- Acting as a role model for client care as well as provides hands-on assistance for program staff as appropriate; available on a 24-hour basis for program consultation and crisis intervention, if needed.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Experience working with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders; a minimum of 2 years of management/supervisory experience required
- Strong clinical skills and an ability to handle high stress and fast-paced environments
- Experience providing MediCal/Medicaid services
- Ability to lead and coordinate multi-disciplinary teams
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing, proof of insurance, and personal vehicle are required to fulfill the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- Monthly contribution of $100 towards qualified student loan debt
- Choice of medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- Access to student loan forgiveness programs for graduates
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
Jary Barreto Crisis Center is a Short Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) program that provides intensive, community-based crisis residential services for adults. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are experiencing a psychiatric crisis of such magnitude so as not to be manageable on an outpatient basis. Our services are provided in a home-like environment that specializes in the psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
CRF staff members work together to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $118,450.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Loan repayment program
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Rehabilitation center
- Addiction Medicine
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Are you licensed or license-eligible in the mental health field?
- Master's (Required)
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*