132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
International Business and Marketing Assistant Professor
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona invites applications for a tenure track faculty position of Assistant Professor in the Department of International Business and Marketing. Cal Poly Pomona is one of three polytechnic universities in the 23-campus California State University system and among 11 such institutions nationwide. Since its founding in 1938, Cal Poly Pomona students participate in an integrative experiential learning education that is inclusive, relevant, and values diverse perspectives and experiences. With a variety of degree programs in the arts, humanities, sciences, engineering, and professional disciplines, the university is well known for its learn-by-doing approach and Teacher Scholar Model.
The university is noted for its scenic and historic 1,400-acre campus, which was once the winter ranch of cereal magnate W.K. Kellogg. We acknowledge that Cal Poly Pomona resides on the territorial and homelands of the Tongva and Tataavium people who are the traditional land caretakers of Tovaangar. The university’s nearly 30,000 students are taught and mentored by the campus’s more than 1,400 faculty as part of 54 baccalaureate and 29 master’s degree programs, 11 credential and certificate programs, and a doctorate in educational leadership.
Highly regarded among its peer institutions, Cal Poly Pomona is No. 3 in the U.S. News and World Report rankings of top public regional universities in the west and was named the No. 28 best value college in the nation by Money Magazine. Cal Poly Pomona, a Hispanic-Serving Institution and an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution, stands as a national leader in promoting social mobility, and was placed among the 25 top institutions in the country in awarding bachelor’s degrees to minoritized students by Diverse Issues in Higher Education.
The Cal Poly Pomona campus is located less than 30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles at the intersection of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. It is within an hour’s drive of beaches, mountains and deserts. For additional information about the university, please visit www.cpp.edu, and for more about faculty life, please see YourLife@CPP.
Student Population. California residents comprise the majority (96%) of applicants to undergraduate programs at Cal Poly Pomona, and 41% of new students were transfers in Fall 2022. 57% of Cal Poly Pomona students are first generation, 70% receive financial aid, and 44% qualify as Pell-eligible. The university enrolls a diverse student body that identifies as 53% Latinx, 22% Asian, 14% White, 3% Black, 2% International, 4% two or more races, 3% unknown and less than 1% Native Hawaiian or Native Pacific Islander and less than 1% Native American Indigenous. Thirty-nine percent of the student body were STEM majors with the top enrolled programs including psychology, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, biology and computer science.
Inclusive Excellence and Student Success. We aspire to be the model inclusive polytechnic university in the nation. We have a strong commitment to inclusive excellence and to educational experiences that leverage the diverse perspectives and experiences needed to succeed and thrive in a diverse society.
- As a part of the application for faculty positions, all candidates must submit a Student Success Statement that demonstrates their commitment and record of contributions to diversity and equity through their teaching, scholarship, or service by speaking to at least two of the inclusive excellence criteria below.
Candidates should explain how they have engaged in the criteria below in their pedagogy, scholarship, and/or service, as well as the level to which these efforts have been consistently incorporated into their work.
Inclusive Excellence Criteria:
- Adopts teaching strategies that support the learning and success of students from diverse student populations;
Mentors and assists diverse student populations interested in pursuing graduate education;
Has experience in or demonstrates a commitment to adopting experiential learning activities and pedagogy with diverse student populations and communities; and
- Has expertise in or demonstrated commitment to teaching, scholarship and/or service that contributes to access, diversity, and equal opportunity in higher education.
College of Business Administration
The College of Business Administration at Cal Poly Pomona is built on the inclusive polytechnic model with a central focus on learning by doing. Our Equity in Business Initiative provides a platform where students are mentored by business professionals, develop inclusive leadership skills and learn the importance of valuing diversity in work environments. The College is a regional leader in graduate education through the Singelyn Graduate School of Business which offers MBA and specialist Masters degrees in business analytics, digital supply chain management, information security, digital marketing and accounting. We offer six comprehensive undergraduate programs and it's graduates are in high demand with industry partners such as Avanade, Amazon, Deloitte, The Federal Reserve, NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab and so many more. The college is accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The College has seven centers: Consultative Selling, Customer Insights and Digital Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Mitchell C. Hill Center for Digital Innovation, Real Estate Research Council, Singelyn Center for Innovative Analytics and The California Center for Cyber Risk, where faculty members collaborate within and across disciplines for research and innovative educational programs. The College occupies a state-of-the-art, three-building complex housing over 100 faculty and staff, classrooms, lecture halls, labs, and high-tech conference rooms.
International Business and Marketing Department
IBM is one of six departments in the CPP College of Business Administration, which serves over 6,000 students. The IBM Department has approximately 17 full-time faculty members and about 1,300 majors, 900 of whom focus on one of six career-tracks in marketing and 400 of whom specialize in some area of international business. The faculty holds Ph.D. degrees from some of the top research universities in the U.S. The faculty are active in research, collaborate on research projects, and publish in well-respected peer reviewed journals. Our faculty embraces the Teacher-Scholar model and is committed to the success of our diverse students and take pride in maintaining success in the social mobility of our students. We demonstrate academic quality, relevance and excellence through teaching, learning, scholarship, and creative activities with student centered faculty in an evidence-based culture. The University has recently approved the M.S. in Digital Marketing program. This will complement the college’s growing portfolio of master’s programs.
The International Business and Marketing (IBM) Department in the College of Business Administration at Cal Poly Pomona in Pomona, CA invites applicants for the tenure track position of Assistant Professor to begin in Fall 2024.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Department seeks a candidate who strives for excellence in both teaching and research in a highly collegial working environment. The department faculty are outstanding teacher-scholars who maintain active research agendas and excellence in teaching by including students in their research and bringing their research to the classroom. The new faculty member is expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, maintain a well-defined stream of research, advise students, and provide service to the university and the profession. Service will include providing outreach to industry on behalf of the department, college and university. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a commitment to diversity in higher education are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Ph.D. in Marketing or other related field from an accredited university. ABDs will be considered if the degree is completed by the start of the appointment.
- A Student Success Statement (up to 2 pages, single-spaced) that responds to the prompt above - “Inclusive Excellence and Student Success” and addresses at least two of the inclusive excellence criteria listed (please indicate the criteria numbers in your Statement).
- Demonstrated potential as a strong teacher-scholar by:
- Providing evidence of exemplary teaching commensurate with experience (at least one year of teaching experience in core marketing courses is required)
- Demonstrating a commitment to publishing in peer-reviewed journals listed in Cabell’s or on the Australian Business Deans’ Journal List
- Demonstrated ability to teach various required core courses in Marketing or International Business
- Effective presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in or clear ability to teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels in one or more areas of marketing: professional selling/sales management, digital and social media, entertainment, strategy, services, retailing, marketing research/marketing science, text mining/analytics, AI/IoT, etc.
- 2 to 3 years of full-time industry experience in marketing or international business.
- Demonstrated commitment in innovation, experiential learning, and collegiality.
Conditions of Employment:
The person offered this position is required to pass a background check.
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*