Research Scientist I >>>
Tulane University Office of Human Resources
Description for Job: IRC27769
Research Scientist I
TNPRC - Pathology
Location: Covington, LA
Research Scientists are individuals holding a Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree who play a major role in enabling research programs through collaborative and collegial interactions with faculty, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students and staff. The rank of the research scientist is a staff appointment. A research scientist may apply their effort entirely to research, or a combination of research, training, and lab managerial activities. The classification of Research Scientist I is the entry level position in the job hierarchy.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive experience in transcriptome, single-cell sequencing, microbiome and epigenetic analysis
- Prior experience in immunology, virology, flow cytometry and basic immunological assays
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficiency with common laboratory equipment and techniques required
- Organization and supervisory skills required
Required Education and/or Experience
- Ph.D. or M.D.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a relevant research area, and evidence of scholarly work (e.g. scientific publications, scientific grant contributions, etc.)
- Work experience in an academic environment
- More than two years of research experience
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing research budgets and/or personnel
This position is a exempt, salaried position assigned to pay grade . Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay . See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply
This position will close on the date it is filled
Please Note: Depending on your role and the department in which you work, you may be expected to adhere to COVID-19 requirements, such as vaccinations and booster shots.
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
Tulane University is committed to creating a community and culture that foster a sense of belonging for all. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We are intentionally seeking candidates who are committed to fostering equity, diversity, and inclusion in support of Tulane’s Strategy for Tomorrow .
Tulane University is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact the Office of Human Resources & Institutional Equity by phone at 504-865-4748 or email email@example.com .
Apply now >>>
>>> Back to Search Page <<<
© Gibson Hall, Tulane University • 6823 St Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70118 • 504-865-4748 • firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please mention you saw this ad on PhdJobs.*